S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Is this normal? (UPDATE)

Old 04-04-2009, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ROTFLMAO,Apr 4 2009, 09:45 AM
Was your clutch slipping prior to when you got it fixed? Also, how bad is bad? Was there a pool of oil leaking from the car even when stationary?
I first noticed it when there was just a few drops here and there dripping from the seal, i brought it to the Honda dealer because i figured it was the transmission, had them look at it and they thought it was some seals in the trans. They replaced and gave it back to me. Sure enough a couple days later i was cruising on the highway and i opened her up a couple of times, a couple miles later when i exited the thruway i noticed a little bit of smoke and was like wtf but kept driving figured it was some oil burn off. A mile later i stopped to talk to a friend i saw and when i parked there was smoke everywhere, i look under the car and oil it pouring out like a faucet and that really freaked me out, i immediately drove home which was a couple miles and called a flat bed to bring it to the Honda dealer, they later diagnosed it at the seal and a week later i had my car back. Not a problem since but it came from exactly where your stating. If i didn't have a warranty i would have been looking at at least a grand to fix that.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bliss@5200,Apr 4 2009, 02:33 PM
I first noticed it when there was just a few drops here and there dripping from the seal, i brought it to the Honda dealer because i figured it was the transmission, had them look at it and they thought it was some seals in the trans. They replaced and gave it back to me. Sure enough a couple days later i was cruising on the highway and i opened her up a couple of times, a couple miles later when i exited the thruway i noticed a little bit of smoke and was like wtf but kept driving figured it was some oil burn off. A mile later i stopped to talk to a friend i saw and when i parked there was smoke everywhere, i look under the car and oil it pouring out like a faucet and that really freaked me out, i immediately drove home which was a couple miles and called a flat bed to bring it to the Honda dealer, they later diagnosed it at the seal and a week later i had my car back. Not a problem since but it came from exactly where your stating. If i didn't have a warranty i would have been looking at at least a grand to fix that.
Oh wow. Thanks for the detailed story. Good to know it's all fixed and working well now.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:02 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 91 Likes on 82 Posts

best thing to do is clean the whole area and keep an eye on it. looks like its somewhat old as the oil looks to be almost baked on.