S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Nitrous question

Old 02-13-2002, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous question

I was looking into adding a dry 60shot and was looking to see if anybody is running nos and has had any problems and/or advise.
Old 02-13-2002, 05:42 PM

I've run 40-shot NOS before on my S. I took it off to make room for a custom box for my amp. It was a blast to use. No problems so far. You should talk to ruffryder, he's running dry NOS on his S.
All I have to say is 60-shot is the way to go. And make sure to use "dry".
Old 02-13-2002, 06:29 PM

Isn't a wet kit safer? Also, do you think our cars are capable of a 75 shot used sparingly? I know Bayarea is using a 100 shot
Old 02-14-2002, 02:12 PM

Great thread. I am interested as well.
Old 02-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Banned

I was talking to some great guys down here in a performance shop. They specialize in imports, and when I was talking to them about NOS, they practically refused to even talk about a dry shot, saying only to go wet. Also, they said with the wet shot I could have them take it out for any warranty work and it'd look completely stock.

Everyone else I have talked to has said wet shot as well. I'm looking to get a 50-shot, which according to the guys I talked to, since most NOS kits are rated on carburated engines, actually comes out to be about 70hp.

Blake
Old 02-15-2002, 07:27 AM

And make sure to use "dry".
I wish people would keep quiet if they don't know what they're talking about. Dry is pretty much always a bad idea. The way a 'dry' set up works is to drill into your air intake and install a nitrous jet. You're then dumping nitrous (hp determined by jetting) into a turbulent air intake and HOPING that the nitrous is distributed evenly amongst your intake runners. This is just a bad idea... doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's not a matter of 'if' but more so a matter of 'when'. This isn't to say that you'll blow your motor but it will definitely degrade over time. The proper (and much safer) way to use nitrous is to use a direct port set up. Each intake runner is drilled and filled with a 'fogger' which delivers nitrous and fuel to each runner in the pre-determined amount. You can use more safely and get much bigger gains.
Old 02-15-2002, 07:54 AM

Yes, dry is not a good idea. Wet direct port is pretty much the best setup you can go with. NOS or Nitrous Express has new fuel rails that are designed for NOS applications, no drilling required; something to look into.
Old 02-15-2002, 11:01 AM

Wes, do they have those applications for the s2000 fuel rail?
Old 02-15-2002, 07:39 PM
Banned

I think they do...I vaguely remember seeing a Honda/Acura VTEC application.

www.holley.com

Holley is the owner of NOS, so check out their website.

Blake
Old 02-16-2002, 06:42 AM

nos is coming out with a new fogger system.. it's called the NOSzole system
you take out your injector and place there noszole in it's place and then put your injector inside it pretty smart idea only problem is they did'nt know if it would work on the s2000 when i talked with them last month about it... they tried it on a rsx and the car would'nt run, cause the injectors on that car have somesort of vacuem passage within the injector that makes them work, but the nos sytem dose'nt have the provisions for that type of injector... he told me ha would'nt know until they got an s2000 down there to look at the injectors if the system will work or not.. it be great if it works, a fogger system with no drilling the manifold but it's not cheap.. 1000.00 for the 4 cylinder kit

Quick Reply: Nitrous question