S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Nitrous Bottle Locations

Old 04-18-2003, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous Bottle Locations

I am going to be installing a NX setup in my S. Just wanted to know if anyone has pics of the locations other than the trunk that was used to mount the bottle. I am thinking of getting 2 5lb or less size bottles given the limited sapce. I cannot mount it in the trunk because the whole trunk has been glassed for the sound system. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You could pick up several long, skinny bottles and mount them behind the passenger seat.
Old 04-18-2003, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by MacGyver
You could pick up several long, skinny bottles and mount them behind the passenger seat.
Would you by any chance have any pics of this being done. Also will the seat have to moved forward and stay that way. thanks.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:19 PM

LOL....I think he was making fun of you....... ya know " The fast and the furious" that's how one of the guys had his setup done.
Old 04-18-2003, 01:21 PM

Originally posted by Trueskill
LOL....I think he was making fun of you....... ya know " The fast and the furious" that's how one of the guys had his setup done.
Im serious....... he may have been making fun but I have to get this done to fulfill some Sponsorship agreements so that I dont get sued (long story)
Old 04-18-2003, 02:43 PM

Sounds nice to me that's how I'd do it. There's no way I be putting a hugh bottle in the trunk its small enough, it doesn't need any help getting smaller.
Old 04-18-2003, 03:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, I wasn't making fun, just a suggestion. The bottles can be found with enough searching, and would force your seat forward about 3-4". Or you could go with a 'flat' bottle...it's a tank shaped similar to a radiator. With that, you'd only give up about 2".
Old 04-19-2003, 07:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok there is plenty or room to put two or three skinny bottles on top of the spare tire. I have mine in the trunk it is mounted on a piece of 1/4" plywood with the gray tire change tool cover over the plywood with the tank on top so it looks finished. The advantage of this is i can remove the bottle and the brackets if needed for space. Mounted the tanks in the car is illegal in some areas. If you go to the drag track with the bottles in the cab ya need a blow off tube. Those small bottles don't hold much. There are super small bottles"sneaky petes" which can be mounted underneath the dash but are only good for 20 seconds of nitrous max. Ya might be able to mount the bottle behing the center console box and provide a cut out so the bottle top will stick thru for easy on and off. It all comes down to bottle size and creativity!
Old 04-19-2003, 08:13 AM

I don't think it's been done, but people are putting subs and speakers behind the passenger footwell without taking any leg room. I'm sure you could put a 5lb. bottle in there or a few small ones. If it needs to be seen, put a plexiglass cover over it. That's the best that I can come up with.
Old 04-24-2003, 12:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MacGyver
[B]No, I wasn't making fun, just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: Nitrous Bottle Locations