S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New Vortech supercharged dyno sheet posted....

Old 06-25-2002, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by infinitebass
[B]

If you noticed, I mentioned from a marketing standpoint.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:12 PM

i took some time to figure out all the data points from their graph to plug into my excel spreadsheet which gives the following comparison of a mustang dyno of my comptech SC + VAFC against their mustang dyno of the vortech SC. i know that there will be variables of different dyno, different day, different car, but it should be close enough to see what is going on prior to someone out here actually getting one and doing a base run, install, modded run with the same equipment/car.

the number for them will be +-1 or 2 trying to trace from their plot over to the scale, but is is close.

looking at their chart, they have a sharp rise in power around the stock VTEC engagement. i am sure that with the addition of a VAFC/EMS, their power curve could be increased/smoothed out in the mid range. their numbers are higher than mine, but let's not forget that comptech is running at 6 lbs (6.38 peak when i dynoed) no aftercooler, and vortech is running 7-8 pounds (their claim) with aftercooler, so it should be higher.

btw, since i do not have a scanner/digitial camera i could not put in the actual dyno printout. i put all the datapoints into excel, created a chart, and saved it as a bitmap. this does not invalidate the data represented. same goes for the chart they posted, as long as the numbers are correct from the dyno run, the way the line, dashed line, pointed line appears on the page does not matter.

keith
Old 06-26-2002, 08:34 AM

I just called Superchargersonline.com where I ordered my S/C from and they said that Vortech hopes the first 12 S/C's will ship this Friday. They are waiting on one part and the install documentation.

He also said that there are only 12 in the first run down from the originaly planned 30 or so. That would put mine at my door on Wednesday of next week.
Old 06-26-2002, 09:03 AM
Banned

If thats true, then unless they already have some ordered, you probably won't get any in the first run. I know of at least five that have been reserved for several weeks through just one person.

Blake
Old 06-26-2002, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vortech_S/C - ImportDevelopment has several on order, so I hope you have yours included on the first batch. I would only expect to see it ship at the end of next week, not this week.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:03 PM

I've got a crayon, anyone want a dyno? Jesus, some of you are so blinded you will do anything to make this dyno make sense. I've seen some wacky logic applied before, but some of the suggestions in this thread are absolutely comical.

The only way to know is to wait and have one of the lucky 12 do baseline and SC dynos on a freakin' dynojet

Infinitebass - all I can say is some people get it and some don't. You are one of the few voices of reason here, but no use trying to explain Marketing 101 to people with Vortec blinders on.

Jimbo
Old 06-26-2002, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jimbo
[B]I've got a crayon, anyone want a dyno?
Old 06-26-2002, 02:19 PM

I ordered mine on memorial day May 27th wich was 4 days after the release date. I believe I was one of the first to order. Definately the first from Superchargersonline.com. HE didnt gurantee me one but he said they put in the order that day so he is pretty sure that I will get one from the first run.

He billed the first half of the S/C based on this friday being a pretty firm date for shipment so I guess we'll have to see.

I will post immediatly as soon as I know, which will be as soon as he knows.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:21 PM

Hey Schatten,

How are my low squeal brake pads coming and those brake lines?

Do you know who I am now?

Old 06-26-2002, 04:01 PM

[QUOTE]yeah, cuz we all know a mustang dyno is just not accurate. You can yell at people for being stupid all you want...just try not to do it yourself next time.

Quick Reply: New Vortech supercharged dyno sheet posted....