S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New T1R BMAX

Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New T1R BMAX

I just got my T1R BMAX's and I have put them on, however with only 1/4" more drop available in the rear I'm curious. I still have 2" of fender gap in the rear, thats stock ride height...gay... the front I'm tucking tire like crazy and its getting iffy if I can even raise it up high enough not to look stupid with the rear being so high. Has anyone else installed these and have any clue what problem I may be having. Something cant be right here, all the instructions are in Japanese so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

I measured the springs, for the rear I had to compress them (pre-load) to get it down to 2", so they ended up at a total height of 6 & 7/8". I can go 1/4" more on the coilover threading which is definitely not going to get rid of that 2" of fender gap. For the front I have them basically resting on the upper perch, no pre-load. I'm pretty sure I can get the front up enough but I'm dumbfounded why the rear is sitting so high. Any help would be awesome, Ben is out of town until next week. I'll get a picture uploaded to show you guys what I'm talking about sometime tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:04 AM

Did you fully adjust the bottom perch so you didn't need to preload the rear springs?

There is 2 adjustments, you shouldn't preload the rear at all, and then take your lowering adjustments via the lower perch. You are doing something wrong.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:17 AM

There is NO way to leave 0 preload and be able to lower the car enough in the rear, like I said I only have 1/4" more to lower the car then the bottom spring perch would be hitting the bottom lock ring for the height adjustment. Do you have the coilovers?
Old 01-13-2008, 09:39 AM

This picture is with about 1/8" preload.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:48 AM

WOW

I wonder if they sent you the wrong rears or uses the wrong springs.

Have you tried contacting the vendor yet?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:55 AM

AJ has closed until tomorrow for winter break If there is a problem Ben will take care of it. I'm just curious if anyone else has bought them and had different results. My buddy is coming down tomorrow to look at it, he had some 1st gen T1R's.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:08 PM

I do have them, but I have not put them on yet. Stupid question but did you possibly put the rears in the front and the fronts in the back? There is a definite difference in length. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-13-2008, 06:06 PM

Oh yeah and if I put mine on and have that same issue I am going to be pretty unhappy!! Hope it all gets straightened out though, am sure they will help you out!
Old 01-13-2008, 10:27 PM

almost sounds like they were installed backwards??
Old 01-14-2008, 02:17 PM

You cannot install them incorrectly, the rears are way too short to fit on the front.

I actually called Ben today and he is sending me another set of top mounts that will lower the car another 1/2"-3/4". They are not meant to slam the car, well the front will slam but the back wont anyways. Ben always makes things right so if you have the same problem I suggest just call him, I have a feeling they were meant more for the track than the street, but kept the street slightly in mind if that makes any sense. On full soft they actually were less jolting than the OEM suspension.

Quick Reply: New T1R BMAX