S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New s2000.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope you get somehwere with it, but it reminds me of the joke about a used car:

buyer: what's my guarantee on this used car?

used car salesman: I guarantee that if the car breaks in 2 after you drive it off the lot, you'll own both halves
Old 10-23-2013, 06:23 PM

Before talking to Honda anymore I would choose your words very wisely or not at all and let the lawyer talk. This is a big reason people say get a PPI done on a car before buying one. I bought a used Porsche 993 before the AP2 and didn't do a PPI, timing was bad and the particular car was hard to find in the Country, and they wouldn't hold for another day. When it came time for a mechanic to look over it I wasn't surprised what kind of money I had to put into the car. Still a good deal as I knew every little thing that was now refreshed on the low mileage car. Your in a similar situation but way suckier.

I also went the lemon law route a long time ago with Nissan and that was one of the worst experiences I have ever had. You are in a hard spot because most likely what happened is legal. Immoral yes. There might be some good will from the dealer as to what they did to you if you handle it right. Just get a lawyer now and have them talk to the dealer in the morning.

What happened when you got the state attorney general involved? I had to do that to a speed shop around here when they my RSX. After the AG got involved the money/problem was solved within a day. Got them to give me money for broken parts (Wilwood brake kit and Volk Wheels) and have Acura fix my car.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM

Situation resolved, albeit by me, not them. I replaced the front subframe and had the car re-aligned and got it very close to perfect as far as the alignment goes. I was made an offer by a buddy who helped me repair the car for 2k more than I paid for the car and sold it to him for a track car since it already has all the parts he was wanting to put into a track car. He loaded it onto his rollback and took it home tonight. So, I'm out of the "hole" I was in now. . I explained everything that happened to him as we were working on the car and he said "I don't give a f@#k, I'm gonna beat the shit out of it until it dies". He has another S so he knows quite a bit about the car as well. Fine with me. Now, I'm going to mention the name of the stealership : Fiat of Strongsville. I made sure to rub it in their faces that I repaired and sold the car, and now I'm going to defame them as much as I can, any way I can. I know it's childish, no need to tell me that. If I didn't have someone who was interested in the car for a track beater, I would've never been able to recoup my loss. I've learned a very valuable lesson and will never buy another wrecked car, ever. I left everything on the car, the turbo, all the carbon fiber parts, wheels, roll bar, etc. Too bad that I had to learn the hard way... Glad someone has it now who's gonna use it for something other than parts. He's already started stripping the paint and is about to prep it for a respray in LBP lol. Didn't like the Berlina Black for some reason
Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 PM

On a more positive note, I am now looking for another Berlina Black turbo that hasn't been wrecked. If anyone has one for sale for 18-20k let me know or point me to your FS thread
Old 10-30-2013, 03:44 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

wow lucky you. i would be careful in your revenge part. im no lawyer but im sure that counts as defamation? definitely write a review and call up BBB. now if you have that kinda cash look in the for sale forum here. i would trust buying an s2k from this forum more than any delearship. just my .02
Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

I'd be extremely weary of buying ANY S2000 that has a turbo.

I would personally never buy one.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

+1 on what billman said. unless you know the car was built properly by a reputable shop and can vouch for it
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM

Yeah, agreed. It's gonna require proof and documentation and I'll be going over it thoroughly before any decisions are made. A full InlinePro build is what I'm looking for...
Old 10-30-2013, 05:37 PM

Have you considered building the car you want yourself? That way you can use he parts you want and have the shop you want build it.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:48 AM

I thought about that and don't feel like going through the trouble. And, I can buy a pre-built car much cheaper than buying another low mileage S and then spending 15+k on parts/labor...

Quick Reply: New s2000.