S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New s2000.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
Originally Posted by s2k manic' timestamp='1381287313' post='22818116
billman's right I worked for a Honda stealership for 15 years and can tell you when people started talking lawyers the communication would stop and they would fight in court and that could take a long time its a common ploy used to get the normal person to submit because most cant afford to fight good luck either way I hope you get you money back
I appreciate you guys and the info you provide . I'm not trying to be cocky here, but I'm not your average consumer and I will clean house by whatever means necessary to get my money back, even if it means hiring an attorney and paying legal fees, which I'll also get back in the end. I'm not a millionaire and 15k is not throw away money to me, so I'll fight tooth and nail until it's made right. I do, however, have resources available to me to match them blow for blow in this fight. I hate this as bad as the next person and I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure they don't f@#k anyone else like they did me. I would love to tell you guys who they are, but I've been advised not to mention their name at the moment for reasons of mutual interest. Bill, I'll take the car back to them if they agree to undo this deal, I'm just pissed and spouted off out of anger earlier. This will NOT end well for them if they don't. I'll setup a free lemonade stand on the sidewalk in front of their dealership and tell ALL of their customers what happened if they f@#k around too much, 5 days a week until my vacation days are all burnt up. That will surely make the news.
My man, it sounds like you're exactly an average consumer based on the info you've provided to us. I can't believe you bought this car AS-IS without getting it checked out by a third party first. Good luck in getting everything resolved, I hope it works out for you but having a lawyer doesn't always mean instant success.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by preludepatrick
Edit: Mis-read your post.

You should make *damn* sure you have a case with a competent attorney before you go in.

You said:

"I knew the car had a reconstructed title due to an accident, but was ASSURED that it was restored to certified condition by Honda".

The vehicle isn't Honda certified...it's too old to begin with and those modifications would have made it ineligible. Unless you got something in writing that explicitly stated that there was not frame damage, I do not see any way that this is a automatic win for you.

You knowingly bought a car with a rebuilt title that was extensively modified. I understand your frustration,I really do but I think it was your responsibility, especially knowing that it had a rebuilt title, to be extra diligent in assessing the extent of the damage.

The dealership, as far as I can see, did not break any laws by selling you this vehicle. They disclosed the rebuilt title status to you and you accepted that. Perhaps they didn't elaborate on the extent of the damage or maybe they didn't know...but you also didn't do enough probing to see why it had a rebuilt title.

"(E) If a motor vehicle titled with a salvage certificate of title is restored for operation upon the highways, application shall be made to a clerk of a court of common pleas for a certificate of title. Upon inspection by the state highway patrol, which shall include establishing proof of ownership and an inspection of the motor number and vehicle identification number of the motor vehicle and of documentation or receipts for the materials used in restoration by the owner of the motor vehicle being inspected, which documentation or receipts shall be presented at the time of inspection, the clerk, upon surrender of the salvage certificate of title, shall issue a certificate of title for a fee prescribed by the registrar. The certificate of title shall be in the same form as the original certificate of title and shall bear the words "REBUILT SALVAGE" in black boldface letters on its face. Every subsequent certificate of title, memorandum certificate of title, or duplicate certificate of title issued for the motor vehicle also shall bear the words "REBUILT SALVAGE" in black boldface letters on its face. The exact location on the face of the certificate of title of the words "REBUILT SALVAGE" shall be determined by the registrar, who shall develop an automated procedure within the automated title processing system to comply with this division. The clerk shall use reasonable care in performing the duties imposed on the clerk by this division in issuing a certificate of title pursuant to this division, but the clerk is not liable for any of the clerk's errors or omissions or those of the clerk's deputies, or the automated title processing system in the performance of those duties. A fee of fifty dollars shall be assessed by the state highway patrol for each inspection made pursuant to this division and shall be deposited into the state highway safety fund established by section 4501.06 of the Revised Code. "

http://bmv.ohio.gov/salvage_inspection.stm
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/4519.61

If it has a rebuilt salvage title, the highway patrol inspected it.

"The purpose of this inspection is to verify the ownership of all parts and to review all required documentation. The inspection is not intended to certify the vehicle's safety, road worthiness, or the quality of workmanship."

Am I missing something?
Yeah, you're missing something: They didn't have WV inspect it. I don't live in Ohio. Ohio has no inspection law. You can drive a bare frame and engine/lights there. Not here. And I didn't sign a bill of sale or title stating that I was buying a PARTS/SALVAGE only car. I signed a rebuilt title. And bill of sale stating as is, correct. And I DO have paperwork stating it was restored to roadworthy condition. If all else fails, I'll have a parts car to strip. I just passed on an AP2 and bought another one owner AP1 with 55k miles owned by a 71 year old that's never been even in rain, so I'll have plenty of upgrades at the least. I'm still going to spend whatever is necessary to get my 15k back. Again, I'm not rich, but I do have enough money to get mine back. They're not fighting a winning battle I assure you. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't see that happening.. But I do appreciate the info you posted above. Thanks all for input, regardless...
Old 10-09-2013, 05:56 PM

Sorry, was under the impression you were in Ohio by your comments
Old 10-09-2013, 06:30 PM

No prob man. Your above post was well received as that is something I was planning on looking into myself
Old 10-10-2013, 06:49 PM

Laugh: they offered me 500 back today towards FRAME REPAIR. Speechless...
Old 10-11-2013, 10:01 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I honestly think you're SOL on this one. They did sell it AS-IS and with a rebuilt title. Rebuilt does not translate to Re-certified. That's your issue. I think you're better off just parting the sucker out. I'm sure you'd end up getting every penny you paid for it out of it in parts. These cars are a gold mine for parting out. Good luck!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:27 AM

Laugh: they offered me 500 back today towards FRAME REPAIR. Speechless...
Well that's that then. Get lawyered up and go to town on them. Just whatever you do, please update this thread, I hate reading threads like this and then the OP just disappears and no one ever finds out what happened in the end.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by jordanksartell
I honestly think you're SOL on this one. They did sell it AS-IS and with a rebuilt title. Rebuilt does not translate to Re-certified. That's your issue. I think you're better off just parting the sucker out. I'm sure you'd end up getting every penny you paid for it out of it in parts. These cars are a gold mine for parting out. Good luck!
That'll be happening sooner than later I'm afraid . I'm not getting the feeling that this is going to turn out in my favor. They seem overly confident that this is a no fault situation, and I haven't gotten all the info back from my attorney at this point either.. Starting to worry a bit.

Edit: not so much. Shit's about to "hit the fan"
Old 10-13-2013, 08:09 PM

Old 10-14-2013, 04:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jordanksartell' timestamp='1381514480' post='22823015
That'll be happening sooner than later I'm afraid . I'm not getting the feeling that this is going to turn out in my favor. They seem overly confident that this is a no fault situation, and I haven't gotten all the info back from my attorney at this point either.. Starting to worry a bit.

Edit: not so much. Shit's about to "hit the fan"
You're not going to get anything else out of them. You bought an as-is car, with an out of state rebuilt title, and got so jazzed up about the score that you declined to get a PPI. Yes, they were dumb for retailing it, but that only proves greed, not fraud. It doesn't matter who says the body repair was "certified" there is no such thing if you aren't the guy that owned it when it was repaired.

Your best case scenario would be that they take it back, but you'll certainly be the guy delivering back to them.

Quick Reply: New s2000.