S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New s2000.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They probably used a impact gun to tighten the drain plug . They probably did the same with your spark plugs as well... I suggest you take legal action although I really don't know what you can get out of them.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:13 AM

Received 1,338 Likes on 810 Posts

If they sold you a USED car, then they changed the oil, 100%, without question. Its the first step when dealing with EVERY used car in the world.

If they said they did NOT change the oil on a used car, then they are lying.

Call them, tell them you are interested in a used accord they have there. Get them on topic how you like the car and want to buy it, then ask them if you need to get the oil changed soon. They will tell you "we always change the oil on every used car we sell", and record it.

You can beat this is if you crafty, keep your cool, be professional. Think higher than them, which obviously shouldn't be too hard.

I would also consider having a lawyer walk in and inquire about a used car, and have them say it to them.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They want me to call back Monday and speak with their general sales manager... We'll see where that leads. Billman, what will it cost for you to install an F22? I'm not so concerned about 9k rpm at this point...
Old 09-27-2013, 06:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
They want me to call back Monday and speak with their general sales manager... We'll see where that leads. Billman, what will it cost for you to install an F22? I'm not so concerned about 9k rpm at this point...
A brand new longblock from Honda will be pretty pricey.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by AP1Driver
Why wait till MON ??? ...call a lawyer TODAY dont waste anytime at all ...you have a case and they know it ...dont get pushed around ...time for you to push back and SUE THEM FOR A NEW MOTOR AND TIME SPENT ....pain and suffering you endure may make them have to pay twice as much when all is said and done ...my best to you finding the right lawyer you need to help you !! Call them back and tell them you can talk to my lawyer from now on ...see you in court
Old 09-27-2013, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by 03 9g
Originally Posted by AP1Driver' timestamp='1380293201' post='22799545
Why wait till MON ??? ...call a lawyer TODAY dont waste anytime at all ...you have a case and they know it ...dont get pushed around ...time for you to push back and SUE THEM FOR A NEW MOTOR AND TIME SPENT ....pain and suffering you endure may make them have to pay twice as much when all is said and done ...my best to you finding the right lawyer you need to help you !! Call them back and tell them you can talk to my lawyer from now on ...see you in court
The only issue I worry about is that I signed a bill of sale stating "as is, no warranty". But not even making it home from their lot is a bit extreme. I could understand them denying responsibility a month later, but the same trip? Not right... I may be wasting time/money with a lawyer.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by baZurk
They probably used a impact gun to tighten the drain plug . They probably did the same with your spark plugs as well... I suggest you take legal action although I really don't know what you can get out of them.
I should have mentioned that this isn't the factory oil plug, but a fitting/plug for the oil return line from the turbo. Which still needs a crush washer and hand tightened until flush
Old 09-27-2013, 07:54 AM

And I appreciate all the input from you guys on this board. . This board deserves some type of award, you guys/gals are the best! Couldn't ask for better people.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:57 AM

Here's a vid of the noise. Pay attention and you'll hear the intermittent knock. This was a cold start:

[media]http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/LeahDrake/media/CD125FA5-9C80-4D37-BE9D-6709B394F60B-2223-000003AFDDA21F74_zpsf9ce13f8.mp4.html[/media]
Old 09-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Received 1,338 Likes on 810 Posts

That sounds nothing at all like a low end knock, or serious problem.

If you have a rod knock, it will knock 3-6 times on cold start after sitting over night, then go silent until it's warm.

Once warm, tap the throttle halfway down, but only let it rev to 2500 or so. You will hear the knocks clear as day.

Report back.

Tell them Monday is unacceptable, and be kind and professional when you say it. Do not be mad, don't get loud, talk to them like a friend. Tell them you would like this resolved now, or you will retain a lawyer this instant.

Talk to a lawyer now. Don't let them get the upper hand. This is giving them a weekend to come up with more BS, strike first with facts and the law. This falls outside the realm of as-is warranty, this is complete negligence and manipulation on their part.

As-is problems would be things developing outside normal inspection, things that cannot be foreseen.

This was CAUSED by them, plain and simple. This was not a PROBLEM that developed, it is direct incompetence and negligence.

If they did it to me, I'd be standing outside their place every single day after work, greeting their customers, and explaining to every one of them how they did you wrong. This is your right as a consumer.

Quick Reply: New s2000.