S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New OEM Short blocks only for Japan and EU?

Old 11-16-2021, 01:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
I contacted the first one in Poland cause he said they were readily available there. When they told me none had been produced or sold in years, he then gave me the name of the dealership he claims he gets all these from. They also said they could not get them. So I contacted the very places he said had purchased them from. Also curious about him saying they were part of the 20th anniversary catalog when that was also not true as far as I could tell but when I questioned that he just went to the whole part about being able to purchase them through dealers in Poland.

Main concern was that he made statements that were discredited by the people he pointed to as sources. So we all got skeptical quickly.

As far as no one complaining, that means nothing. If someone were scamming it just means no one has fallen for it. And we all know how to use a VPN and create multiple accounts on social media under different names so we also have no way of knowing if those few that claim to have bought them are even real customers. Nothing personal on you, but with all the above people are not just going to take the word of 3 people we have never met. I would love to hear that brand new ones are out there, although I am not in need of one. But you cannot expect with the responses that people would not have some question as to the validity of this.
Thanks for clarifying the history further and I understand that. I had the same reservations at the beginning - but I did it because word of mouth spread and none of that was a scam or anything as such, in contrary all were successful transactions. I have his bank details. I have his address, all verified infos. So I wouldn’t suppose someone scamming would provide those very specific details. I could also track the engines from this very address when they were shipped.

If you are really curious (although not in need of an engine) you try out these two things. Contact any Honda dealer here in Germany, they will give you a quote for 10002-PCX-E10

If that doesn’t work (reason as stated above), try the dealer in France who is providing the parts on behalf of the retail website www.Ersatzteile-Honda.de - in the imprint you will see the Honda dealer name: Poitiers Auto Sport

Here you can order too this assembly, so it is a fact that these parts are available regardless of what Kamil has stated or said in the past.

That’s all I am saying

Old 11-16-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by kalm_traveler
if there's a reliable way to import one of those to the USA I'd do it just in preparation.

My original motor has only 43,000 miles but I'm sure some day it will need to either be rebuilt or replaced and the longer time passes after the S2000 production stopped, the more difficult it will be to source any sort of new motor.
Importation is not a big deal, if you pay for import duties and shipment, this can be done easily.

With reliable you probably mean Cash On Delivery and such, correct?

I can check with DHL out of curiosity
Old 11-16-2021, 01:40 PM
kos

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1NA1
Dude, how do you expect him to prove ?

(I don’t think he desperately wants to do so, but there are folks who would love to buy these short block assemblies and he could help)

I would honestly be curious about by what action or info you would believe the story behind it?

Another note, it’s funny everybody keeps saying it’s scam and not a single person has written somewhere he has been scammed and/or lost money - think about it.
It's so simple it hurts to even explain this to you:

1. PICTURE OF ACTUAL PRODUCTS FOR SALE IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST, WITH YOUR USERNAME AND NEWCELICA.ORG, WRITTEN ON A PIECE OF PAPER
  • Pictures of actual product is required when creating a thread.
  • You must also include in the picture a piece of paper, with your username and NewCelica.org, or NC.org written down on it. This is to verify that it is your actual product and not a copied image found on the internet. If you have the time to create a thread for an item that you are trying to sell, then you have time to post pictures up with this requested information.
People that sell sneakers, streetwear, car parts, etc you name it, use the above method with whatever specific forum they're on, to show that it's a legitmate post.

He can easily post his name, K_iju on s2ki.com on a piece of paper, set it on the box of the shortblock, and then post the photo.

Since you're not stateside, you haven't seen the recent large uptick in fake Instagram pages stealing photos of parts / products for sale that are out there, and them listing said photos as their own, trying to scam people into buying something and sending money.

Hell, even link us to some other forum listings where he has iTrader feedback...
Old 11-16-2021, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by kos
It's so simple it hurts to even explain this to you:

People that sell sneakers, streetwear, car parts, etc you name it, use the above method with whatever specific forum they're on, to show that it's a legitmate post.

He can easily post his name, K_iju on s2ki.com on a piece of paper, set it on the box of the shortblock, and then post the photo.

Since you're not stateside, you haven't seen the recent large uptick in fake Instagram pages stealing photos of parts / products for sale that are out there, and them listing said photos as their own, trying to scam people into buying something and sending money.

Hell, even link us to some other forum listings where he has iTrader feedback...
Don’t be hurt, it’s not a crime to enlighten your fellow S2000 friends with some good info what you so hurtfully explained above is indeed obvious and I know all that, but when reading through this thread I thought Kamil was asked to do exactly this and he replied he tried that (not in the best native English, but I got the point), let me quote him in my next reply for you. And still he is called scam…

Thanks for the Instagram info. Didn’t hear about that. Pretty simple yet effective. They are too many greedy goofs out there believing the unbelievable

Old 11-16-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by K_iju
I am sent some guy from USA video engines with today date and his name on paper and he don't belived too probably.
​​​​​I am tired to proof that anymore.
Here you go, this is what I have understood from posting videos or pics with actual date, the name etc.

Old 11-16-2021, 02:26 PM
kos

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Multi-quote is a beautiful thing.

Don’t be hurt, it’s not a crime to enlighten your fellow S2000 friends with some good info what you so hurtfully explained above is indeed obvious and I know all that, but when reading through this thread I thought Kamil was asked to do exactly this and he replied he tried that (not in the best native English, but I got the point), let me quote him in my next reply for you. And still he is called scam…

Thanks for the Instagram info. Didn’t hear about that. Pretty simple yet effective. They are too many greedy goofs out there believing the unbelievable
Here you go, this is what I have understood from posting videos or pics with actual date, the name etc.
I know he is ESL, he is Polish.

So if he has already done that, why not post it up? Crazy right, just take those photos out of the PMs and post them publicly, to dispel this entire thread, but I'm crazy right?

Old 11-16-2021, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by kos
Multi-quote is a beautiful thing.

I know he is ESL, he is Polish.

So if he has already done that, why not post it up? Crazy right, just take those photos out of the PMs and post them publicly, to dispel this entire thread, but I'm crazy right?

Definitely not a horse I would bet on xo

I hate the forum software here, and I am always in via smartphone and it is a pain for years. Don’t be such a smarty pants Bro

Btw, love your nickname. Means a very nice thing in my native tongue
Old 11-16-2021, 10:32 PM

Received 316 Likes on 226 Posts

Some guys in the german S2000 forum have confirmed that the Part Nr. is a bit of problem.
If you walk into a honda dealership and want to buy a spare engien for you car, th guy behind the desk type in VIN, Year, etc and then says: "No, part is discontinued..."
If YOU, the customer, give him the correct Number, he would likely tell you "This is aviailable, I can order this part.." go figure.

That´s waht i read in a discussion in the german S2k Community. One of the guys from the german forum actually ordered a new spare engine just a few years ago.
Wonder why some guys from the german S2k Forum dont chime in here....