S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New OEM Short blocks only for Japan and EU?

Old 11-09-2021, 07:37 AM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts
Default New OEM Short blocks only for Japan and EU?

Curious if anyone knows about only Japan or EU dealers being able to order new OEM F20c short blocks? The part number I've seen is 10002-PCX-E10

Old 11-09-2021, 10:16 AM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,071 Posts

You mean the scam that keeps showing up on FB?
Old 11-09-2021, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
You mean the scam that keeps showing up on FB?
enlighten me. I've been out of the game for years and just bought my car back
Old 11-09-2021, 01:16 PM

Received 1,439 Likes on 1,071 Posts

There is this guy in Poland that keeps posting on FB, new, Honda crate F20 shortblocks FS. Saying Honda Euro can still get new ones, recently built by Honda.

Europe never got F22c, so any motors for that market would be F20c. But they'd have all the F22c improvements (valve retainers, oil jets, deck plate bored so oil consumption fix, etc.)

It almost sounds too good to be true, until you get to the price, which is actually lower than Honda last sold the F22c shortblock for in usa. So then its totally too good to be true.

When asked for proof, several people supposedly in Europe say its true, they've bought these motors and received them from this seller. Seller sends photos of motor on crate, of box with Honda pn on it, etc.

But when member here contacted Honda Europe, they said no way, not true. He posted letter they sent back. He even called Honda dealers in Poland. They also said can't order motors from Honda.

So it seems like an elaborate scam. Beware.
The following users liked this post:
Vitt (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
There is this guy in Poland that keeps posting on FB, new, Honda crate F20 shortblocks FS. Saying Honda Euro can still get new ones, recently built by Honda.

Europe never got F22c, so any motors for that market would be F20c. But they'd have all the F22c improvements (valve retainers, oil jets, deck plate bored so oil consumption fix, etc.)

It almost sounds too good to be true, until you get to the price, which is actually lower than Honda last sold the F22c shortblock for in usa. So then its totally too good to be true.

When asked for proof, several people supposedly in Europe say its true, they've bought these motors and received them from this seller. Seller sends photos of motor on crate, of box with Honda pn on it, etc.

But when member here contacted Honda Europe, they said no way, not true. He posted letter they sent back. He even called Honda dealers in Poland. They also said can't order motors from Honda.

So it seems like an elaborate scam. Beware.
thanks, My motor is still in great shape but I was just curious since I know Spoon Sports does sell brand new bottom ends, If my motor gave out I'll probably just spend the money and go that route because rebuilding these will never net the same reliability and I love the F20C over any K swap I've had. When I owned my S2000 last time pre 2015, OEM short blocks could be found.. but now they can't so maybe Honda will eventually bring them back
Old 11-09-2021, 02:20 PM

Received 419 Likes on 383 Posts

And Still have the OLD engine number on block
Old 11-10-2021, 05:43 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,232 Likes on 1,076 Posts

Bores are identical stroke is different but does that mean they need different blocks?

-- Chuck
Old 11-10-2021, 06:15 AM

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Is that a guy named Ramil or something like that? I Got that guy banned from one of our groups on there. He kept trying to sell these, I kept asking questions and all his answers were lies. He said on one post that these were part of the 20th anniversary catalog, which they were not. Said then you could only get them in Poland. I found a dealer there that told me there were no new engines and had not been in years. Then he claimed it was a different dealer and gave me the name (I assume he thought I would give up or that they would not respond). They responded telling me the same thing but maybe they could find a used engine He also tried showing me this other website that other sells them as proof, yet that website showed 0 in stock. Eventually he told so many lies that the moderator banned him from the group.Would love if there were new ones around. I even asked him up front if these were some of the ones "found" in a warehouse a few years back and he claimed he can buy new ones right now. Those old ones had issues, likely due to corrosion, so I was curious if it was one of those. But the fact that he kept telling lies about where he could get them was enough for people to run away. If he had a valid source of actual new motors it would have been great, but he likely would have been selling them for more if so. I assume the few that replied claiming they got them from him were just friends of his.
windhund116 (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 06:20 AM
kos

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

"Kamil Dzielak" is the one in the "Honda S2000 Parts For Sale" Facebook group that is always posting that he has "2x New Shortblock F20C that will arrive 08/13 10002-PCX-E10" for 4000 Euro + shipping from POLAND.
Suzuka_Joe (11-10-2021)
Old 11-10-2021, 06:23 AM

Received 1,444 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Originally Posted by kos
"Kamil Dzielak" is the one in the "Honda S2000 Parts For Sale" Facebook group that is always posting that he has "2x New Shortblock F20C that will arrive 08/13 10002-PCX-E10" for 4000 Euro + shipping from POLAND.
Yep thats him. Had his first name wrong in my memory for some reason but that is the same seller.

Quick Reply: New OEM Short blocks only for Japan and EU?