S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s

Old 07-28-2004, 08:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken,

The kit I sold you includes the fuel pressure regulator. The pulley is 4.3, not 3.4. And the original installation instructions and parts list are included. Hope this helps.

cheers
Old 07-29-2004, 06:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Jul 27 2004, 05:16 PM
Nothing! A lot of people, including myself, have paid a good mechanic to do work and mods on their cars. That wasn't my point, but I'm not going to continue on this track. You'll have to read my post carefully and do a search into the history to see what's going on here. Those who have been here for a long time know the story.

ps. I've deleted your duplicate post.
Thanks for deleting my dup
Yea i know the whole story, i just recently signed up tho.
I guess i just like the fact that jason takes his car to the limit and doesnt care if anything goes wrong. Its good that you try to point people in the right direction that might S/C there car and dont want to have any problems.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by YELOSCREAMER,Jul 28 2004, 09:21 PM
Ken: If you need the install instructions and or a complete parts list that comes with a new Comptech S/C just let me know. I have them both If you have a parts list at least you'll know what might be missing.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!! But I think I will be ok.....
Old 07-29-2004, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by medicalstudent,Jul 28 2004, 11:11 PM
Ken,

The kit I sold you includes the fuel pressure regulator. The pulley is 4.3, not 3.4. And the original installation instructions and parts list are included. Hope this helps.

cheers
That does help......Know does anyone know how much boost a 4.3 inch pulley will make?????
Old 07-29-2004, 03:18 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What size is the original pulley? I was producing 5.4lbs with the original.

I'm running a 4" pulley and producing 8lbs at peak.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Jul 29 2004, 06:18 PM
What size is the original pulley? I was producing 5.4lbs with the original.

I'm running a 4" pulley and producing 8lbs at peak.
Do u still have the pulley that came w/your kit???? If so want to sell it so I can get this thing running???? I am afraid to run extra boost!!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 06:38 PM

<edit>
Sorry, just saw the correction on pulley size. I THINK you should be ok with that pulley, I think the stock pulley is closer to 5", but I think the kit is made to run fine stock from 5-7lbs of boost. Anyone else want to chime in here? I'm not 100% sure.
</edit>

from my experience (i'm now running a 3.5" pulley even though I STILL can't find my boost leak now)...but when I was running full boost, you will definitely need to upgrade your injectors, and get some kind of EMS. I went with the AEM EMS and although it's a bit pricey...it is most definitely needed. I also got rid of the FPR that came with the Comptech kit and went with the AEM FPR (about $150-160). The new comptech kits come with a better FPR, but since you stated you bought a used kit, you may be in the same boat I was in. I found that the FPR that came with my kit, when I'd gun it, the FPR wouldn't send enough fuel right away, then it would overcompensate and add too much, leading to the car bogging pretty substantially. Again, I don't know how new your kit is, but I'm willing to bet you have the same FPR I had. And it's impossible to tune your car to avoid this bogging with Comptech FPR. Also, if you decide against getting the AEM EMS, I would at least invest in a wideband to monitor your A/F if you run that kind of boost. The V-AFC will not be adequate enough to tune your car under this kind of boost. I hope you at least go with an E-manage although I have had no experience with it.

BUT, if you go back to the stock pulley, you should be find with everything that came with the kit...and shouldn't have to upgrade injectors or anything else that I can think of off the top of my head.

It truly is a "bolt-on" kit and should have no problems what-so-ever until you decide you want to up the boost.

Dave
Old 08-01-2004, 07:13 PM

hey guys, since alot of good info is being shared here, i wanted to ask a question to all you comptech sc owners.

My current setup is Comptech SC w/ Aftercooler w/ orginal pulley.
Is adding the 550 injectors and a AEM EMS going to provide a noticable difference without getting and switching to the upgraded boost pulley?
Old 08-01-2004, 07:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KenGPW,Jul 30 2004, 10:36 AM
Do u still have the pulley that came w/your kit???? If so want to sell it so I can get this thing running???? I am afraid to run extra boost!!!!
Sorry, keeping all original bits incase I ever sell.

That 4.3 is probably pretty close to stock. I'd say go with it and make sure you get it on a dyno. I'd recommend that anyway.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by bgbfflochp,Aug 1 2004, 09:38 PM
I also got rid of the FPR that came with the Comptech kit and went with the AEM FPR (about $150-160). The new comptech kits come with a better FPR, but since you stated you bought a used kit, you may be in the same boat I was in. I found that the FPR that came with my kit, when I'd gun it, the FPR wouldn't send enough fuel right away, then it would overcompensate and add too much, leading to the car bogging pretty substantially. Again, I don't know how new your kit is, but I'm willing to bet you have the same FPR I had. And it's impossible to tune your car to avoid this bogging with Comptech FPR.
Can you give me more background/information on this FPR issue? My car is starting to have an intermittent problem where, when I first step on the gas, the car just dies. If I floor it, or wait a second it roars back to life. I have a comptech SC and FPR.

Quick Reply: New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s