S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s

Old 07-26-2004, 01:09 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Ok, if you haven't got the kit yet relax.

In your early post you were talking about a 3.4 inch pulley. This is the top pulley that attaches to the SC. If this is the only top pulley supplied then I'd advise you to order the standard top pulley from Comptech.

Now you are talking about a 'stock comptech crank pulley'. There is no such thing. The lower pulley is a piggy back pulley attached to a modified OEM crank pulley (drilled and tapped). With any kit you should get at least the piggyback and sometimes the modified crank pulley as well. If the former you have to take the piggy back and an OEM pulley (several people have spares they can sell you) to a machine shop and have it fitted.

But please don't go off half cocked. If you don't have the kit yet you don't know what you need.

If you are installing yourself another thing you need is a crank pulley tool. DO a search if you're not familiar with this.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pakisho,Jul 26 2004, 01:03 PM
Very interesting argument. I agree with MikeCL. Let them hash it out. Its not like theyre just calling each other names (yet! ). THere is useful info in there as well.

No, I give up. Xviper is right. The truth is that if you run 11 psi you will have no fun and it will be nothing but you spending lots of money on alot of broken parts.

11 psi = stupid idea.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:57 AM

I do have a crank pulley tool. Im going to wait till I get the kit till i make any decission. When I talked t othe saeller on the phone he told me tha it had a 3.4 inch pulley that made a little more boost. He was not sure if it is the one that came with the kit or not b/c he bought it used and never installed it. When I wentto comptech's page I saw the directions but i did not see a parts list????? Where can I get one????? And does anyone know the sizes of the two pullys that come with the ket???? The "piggy-back, and the upper one that goes on the blower. I know their is no such thing as a "stock comptech crank pulley" I just did not know what it was called. Do u think If i mail my stock crank pulley to Comptech will they attach the "piggyback pulley" to it?????
Old 07-27-2004, 12:44 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ken, I can't help you with the parts list but at least I can clarify this pulley business. The "crank" pulley is the one that is on the engine's crank shaft. The supercharger drive pulley is bolted to this crank pulley, however, the "supercharger drive" crank pulley comes with the kit and has holes drilled in it so you can attach the s/c drive pulley to it. You should have gotten these two.
Then you have the supercharger "driven" pulley that is on the blower itself. It is this one that is changed with a smaller one when more boost is desired.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:48 PM

I don't know the history between Jason and xviper but I don't think either of you are helping answer the posters questions. This is the kind of crap that turns people off to posting in this forum.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=xviper,Jul 27 2004, 12:44 PM] Ken, I can't help you with the parts list but at least I can clarify this pulley business.
Old 07-27-2004, 02:50 PM

Whats wrong with having someone else do the work? at least he does pay for all his shit and isnt a spoiled brat who can keep his S in his garage and off road while mommy and daddy let him drive there new X5 or somthing.!
Old 07-27-2004, 05:16 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CWs2000,Jul 27 2004, 04:50 PM
Whats wrong with having someone else do the work?
Nothing! A lot of people, including myself, have paid a good mechanic to do work and mods on their cars. That wasn't my point, but I'm not going to continue on this track. You'll have to read my post carefully and do a search into the history to see what's going on here. Those who have been here for a long time know the story.

ps. I've deleted your duplicate post.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by CWs2000,Jul 27 2004, 05:50 PM
Whats wrong with having someone else do the work? at least he does pay for all his shit and isnt a spoiled brat who can keep his S in his garage and off road while mommy and daddy let him drive there new X5 or somthing.!
I dont know who this is geared towards....but the reason I do all the work myself is b/c 1 I know it was not done half ass, 2 I love working on my car, 3 I had a car stolen b/c i trusted ppl/shop to do work for me
Old 07-28-2004, 06:21 PM

Ken: If you need the install instructions and or a complete parts list that comes with a new Comptech S/C just let me know. I have them both If you have a parts list at least you'll know what might be missing.

Quick Reply: New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s