S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s

Old 07-25-2004, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Jul 25 2004, 05:49 PM
Please do not mislead people with these kinds of posts. First, you have a Vortech. Second, you have had "issues" as has just been mentioned. You simply chose to not mention this stuff when it's not convenient for you to do so or you hope others forget what you have posted in the past. I'll always be here to watch for this and tell all of what you have posted in the past. You have also been known to post about how our rear diff is like "glass". This is not necessarily true. It is like "glass" because of the kind of driving and abuse that it's owner puts the car through. Need I remind people of what I'm talking about? You have also admitted that you yourself do not do much of the work on the car. You pay someone else to do it for you. You sit in the corner and at best, watch. To speak in terms that would lead others to believe you truly know first hand what is going on is a tremendous dis-service to all who read your posts and I, for one will NOT allow this to happen.

Well, I've heard of other non-boosted S2ks with similar mileage have the intake retainers crack in half.

I don't think it is associated with the blower.

I'll always be here to watch for this and tell all of what you have posted in the past.

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US about my "endless" problems. Yeah, the differential broke. So? I do drive my cars hard. 11 Psi on this engine for over a year now without any major trouble. I went through the stock clutch, and I went through the Exedy Hyper Single clutch as well. Although, that clutch didn't need to be changed, I found it was too aggressive for the street.

Anything else? You want to spew out my info, go ahead. Bring it on. My car has been running great.

Looks like Wesmaster bowed out of his end of the deal. Remember last year when he said he'd have his turbo system up and running, and making more power than I ever did? Last I checked he was in the marketplace selling his broken dream.

You have also admitted that you yourself do not do much of the work on the car. You pay someone else to do it for you. You sit in the corner and at best, watch.

So?

To speak in terms that would lead others to believe you truly know first hand what is going on is a tremendous dis-service to all who read your posts and I, for one will NOT allow this to happen.

Sorry Xviper. I will make sure the rest of my posts read:

NEVER GO OVER 7 PSI OF BOOST IT IS UNRELIABLE.

Done. You win pal.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Jul 25 2004, 05:07 PM
Wouldn't you consider the broken valve spring retainer a problem?
I don't believe it was a problem related to the blower.

I know Xviper wants me to say it's related to the blower, so I guess I will. Even still, over a year and something like 30,000 kms or so on 11 psi of boost while driven HARD is pretty good.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Look Jason, I won't get into a pissing match with you here but if you want, go for it!

We all know that at one point, you prided yourself (and liberally bragged about how great your Supra was) to the point of dissing your S2000. In fact, you even stated that you simply "gave" it to your girlfriend, implying that it just wasn't "good enough" for you. You bragged so much about your great Supra (on this S2000 forum) that it really was getting pretty lame. We grew sick and tired of you constantly coming here to rub our faces in it. And now, all of a sudden, the S2000 is something to talk about? Why? What's the "real" story here? Driving your blown S for over a year? How can that be? You gave it to your girlfriend, right? And you drive your Supra all the time, right? How can you drive your S full time, too? You are truly gifted. Dual personalities, perhaps?
So what about the fact that you don't work on your car but give big bags of money to someone else to do it? We've seen enough posts from guys who "heard" this and "seen" that to realize these sorts of "stories" hold less credibility. You've even admitted to me (WAIT! Make that "brag") that all you do is sit in the corner "shit-faced" while your mechanic did the work. You also say you sit there and eat your sandwich while watching. I highly doubt you had the dexterity at the time to even hold a sandwich.
You make posts after long bouts of absence with little bits and pieces of information without any relevant backup. You diss our car for having something break because you drive the crap out of it and you make it sound like it is a common problem. If you really think that your setup had nothing to do with your broken retainers, you may not only be blatantly arrogant but also tremendously naive.
The S2000 means nothing to you but to have the ability to use it to post about it to a "perceived" audience. You like the attention. You are not here for any true enthusiasm for the S2000 or for being any type of altruist. You are not helping anyone with your information. Heck, you even tried to make a buck by trying to sell those pulleys.
As for finishing all your posts with "NEVER GO OVER 7 PSI OF BOOST IT IS UNRELIABLE."? Pretty childish, no? Noone ever told you you needed to do this. It's not what you post. It's "HOW" you post and what you leave out.
As for "winning". I'm not here to "win" anything. I'm just here to make bloody sure noone LOSES because of what you print here.
And for someone who is "done", you sure have a lot of "and furthermores".
Old 07-25-2004, 09:41 PM

Look Jason, I won't get into a pissing match with you here but if you want, go for it!

You always want to fight with me!

Big jerk

And now, all of a sudden, the S2000 is something to talk about?

'coz it was 38c out here this week.

Why? What's the "real" story here? Driving your blown S for over a year? How can that be? You gave it to your girlfriend, right? And you drive your Supra all the time, right? How can you drive your S full time, too? You are truly gifted. Dual personalities, perhaps?

When I drive the cars, I drive them hard. I just had to park the Supra to get a new shortblock for it. The 106,000 mile engine is just too tired.

So what about the fact that you don't work on your car but give big bags of money to someone else to do it? We've seen enough posts from guys who "heard" this and "seen" that to realize these sorts of "stories" hold less credibility. You've even admitted to me (WAIT! Make that "brag") that all you do is sit in the corner "shit-faced" while your mechanic did the work. You also say you sit there and eat your sandwich while watching. I highly doubt you had the dexterity at the time to even hold a sandwich.

Hey, I earn every cent to modify my car. I COULD be like some spoiled college kid with a black turbo S2000...

So what if I get someone else to do the work? I have enough hobbies and things to do, I don't have time to work on my own cars.

You make posts after long bouts of absence with little bits and pieces of information without any relevant backup. You diss our car for having something break because you drive the crap out of it and you make it sound like it is a common problem.

I believe the differential -is- a fairly common problem. Also, alot of people complain about the stock clutch.

If you really think that your setup had nothing to do with your broken retainers, you may not only be blatantly arrogant but also tremendously naive.

Enlighten me, o oracle of F20c

The S2000 means nothing to you but to have the ability to use it to post about it to a "perceived" audience. You like the attention. You are not here for any true enthusiasm for the S2000 or for being any type of altruist. You are not helping anyone with your information.

I'm not? I think I've helped several members who have followed me by going to an AEM, smaller pulley, and larger injectors.

Heck, you even tried to make a buck by trying to sell those pulleys.

Why not? They work.

As for finishing all your posts with "NEVER GO OVER 7 PSI OF BOOST IT IS UNRELIABLE."? Pretty childish, no?

I just don't wanna get flamed. Remember, if I can't post knowledge first hand, I guess I shouldn't say anything.

Repeat: Do NOT go with an aftermarket pulley. YOU WILL BREAK INTAKE RETAINERS.

Noone ever told you you needed to do this. It's not what you post. It's "HOW" you post and what you leave out.
As for "winning". I'm not here to "win" anything. I'm just here to make bloody sure noone LOSES because of what you print here.
And for someone who is "done", you sure have a lot of "and furthermores".

Yeah. I agree.

To sum it up:

1. Stick with the stock pulley
2. AEM + injectors + smaller pulley = broken intake valve retainers

You've all been warned.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

holy shit...didn't I graduate from kindergarten?
Old 07-26-2004, 01:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no no let them go at it
instead just having inside grudges they should tell the truth to each other....
let it all out
Old 07-26-2004, 03:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I think what it boils down to is that if you know what you are doing, or don't but have the money to pay someone who does, then you can mix and match all sorts of parts.

If you aren't experienced in these areas and don't have extensive financial resources with nothing better to do then I suggest starting with the very basic kit as per Comptech/Vortech.

Ken - you can download the instructions from the Comptech web site. I'd wait until the kit arrives then compare it to the list. Any bits that are missing you can source either secondhand or from Comptech.
Old 07-26-2004, 05:11 AM

my DIY thread on sc'ing:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175893

and long live the great mod, xviper. we love you, bro!!
Old 07-26-2004, 07:58 AM

Thanks a lot but right now I need to find a stock comptech crank pulley.....Where can I get one????
Old 07-26-2004, 01:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interesting argument. I agree with MikeCL. Let them hash it out. Its not like theyre just calling each other names (yet! ). THere is useful info in there as well.

Quick Reply: New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s