S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s

Old 07-25-2004, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s

I just bought a used comptech S/C. It is the basic kit with no AC. Do I need to upgrade the plugs or will stock work fine for now???? If I have to change the plugs I think I will go with the Denso iridium IK24's gaped to .034. Does anyone know where to get them??? And PLEASE don't tell me pep boys or autozone, every time I go there they are clueless to hondas.
The kit I am getting has a 3.4 inch pully, is that the one that comes with the unit or is that one that creates more boost????
Being that the kit is used is there any type of new gaskets that I would need???? Should I get new hoses????
What is with all of this running to rich/lean???? Will my car be running lean once I install the kit???? I don't have any type of engine managment yet, and prob wont untill I pay off the S/C. Will it be ok to run the kit without an engine management system????
I did not get the kit in the mail yet so I don't even know If i will need anything new. I just want to be prepared for the worst when it come time to do the install. Any other helpful tips on making my install easier on me would be a great help.
Does anyone have a DIY install typed up yet????
Thanks in advance for everyones help!!!!!!
Can't wait for the wonderful world of F.I.
Thanks Kenny
Old 07-25-2004, 12:30 PM

Als odo I need to get a Fuel pressur regulator????? If so what one to get and where to get it
Thanks again
kenny
Old 07-25-2004, 01:11 PM

You can buy the denso ik24's at Autozone. I agree they're are clueless and i hate it when i have to stop there. It's expensive if you buy it through them anyways. I think it was 60 something. If you do a search you can find the website where you can buy it. The gap is about right: .030 or .035 is good. But, your stock plugs will be okay.

If the whole kit you bought is complete, you shouldn't need anything else b/c the comptech kit is a direct bolt on. The kit comes w/ a fuel pres regulator. It's that nice red thing.

I believe 3.4" pully is NOT the stock boost pully. That probably gives you like 10psi's or something. The smaller pullys will increase the boost!! ie: 4.0" pully is set to give a max boost @ 8psi on the comptech kit.

I don't know the size of the stock pully, but on my car it shows 6.5psi's and that's w/ the a/c.

If you decide to use the 3.4 pully, your going to need bigger injectors and something to tune it b/c it will run lean which is bad, and you don't even have the a/c.

Besides xvipers diy thread on the vortech, the comptech instructions are enough to do the job if you know what your doing.
Old 07-25-2004, 01:16 PM

You really need to know what you are getting with the kit! Other than the obvious hardware the kit comes with the crank pulley to drive the stock belt as well as the blower, The ESM (black box) to hide the boost from your ECU, The Fuel Pressure Regulator (FPR), The high volume fuel pump etc... go to Comptechusa.com and download the installation instructions
Old 07-25-2004, 02:58 PM

10 psi I don't want to run that so where can I get the pully that comes with the kit???????
Old 07-25-2004, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by KenGPW,Jul 25 2004, 02:58 PM
10 psi I don't want to run that so where can I get the pully that comes with the kit???????
I'm running 11 psi, have been for a year

No problems, but you need an AEM EMS and larger injectors.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:07 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason00S2000,Jul 25 2004, 07:48 PM

Wouldn't you consider the broken valve spring retainer a problem?
Old 07-25-2004, 05:49 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason00S2000,Jul 25 2004, 06:48 PM

Please do not mislead people with these kinds of posts. First, you have a Vortech. Second, you have had "issues" as has just been mentioned. You simply chose to not mention this stuff when it's not convenient for you to do so or you hope others forget what you have posted in the past. I'll always be here to watch for this and tell all of what you have posted in the past. You have also been known to post about how our rear diff is like "glass". This is not necessarily true. It is like "glass" because of the kind of driving and abuse that it's owner puts the car through. Need I remind people of what I'm talking about? You have also admitted that you yourself do not do much of the work on the car. You pay someone else to do it for you. You sit in the corner and at best, watch. To speak in terms that would lead others to believe you truly know first hand what is going on is a tremendous dis-service to all who read your posts and I, for one will NOT allow this to happen.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:56 PM

You can find Denso plugs here: http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_cross.as...=IK24&x=48&y=12
Old 07-25-2004, 06:36 PM

If you need the "black box" or the FMU I have them both. They new. I don't need them I went with the AEM EMS and pressure regulator..

Quick Reply: New to Comptech S/C Some ?'s