S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Need new clutch, any suggestions?

Old 07-12-2013, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new clutch, any suggestions?

Hello s2ki, I recently bought a s2000 this year in May. And the car has been great... until last week I was leaving my store to go home I notice there was a squeak when I engaged the clutch, I didn't get far after it squeaking 3 times the pedal turned stiff, and did not engage anymore so my mechanic says the clutch is out and he said there was no play in the fork.

My question to you guys is what clutch should I get and why? My s2000 is pretty much stock only has exhaust and intake and I do daily it.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 11:12 PM

Maybe some info on what you plan to do with the car would help?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard_s2k
Hello s2ki, I recently bought a s2000 this year in May. And the car has been great... until last week I was leaving my store to go home I notice there was a squeak when I engaged the clutch, I didn't get far after it squeaking 3 times the pedal turned stiff, and did not engage anymore so my mechanic says the clutch is out and he said there was no play in the fork.

My question to you guys is what clutch should I get and why? My s2000 is pretty much stock only has exhaust and intake and I do daily it.

Thanks

Don't buy eBay crap. Just get an OEM kit from Majestic Honda or dealer (dealer usually matches Majestic pricing, mine does). Be sure to get the Throw-out Bearing/Release Bearing, Pressure Plate, Clutch Plate, and Pilot Bearing. Also get the flywheel resurfaced and call it a day.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by stevenw
Maybe some info on what you plan to do with the car would help?
I daily it, I don't plan on doing anything to do engine besides regular maintance
Old 07-13-2013, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by AZ-S2000
Originally Posted by Richard_s2k' timestamp='1373687087' post='22663401

Thanks

Don't buy eBay crap. Just get an OEM kit from Majestic Honda or dealer (dealer usually matches Majestic pricing, mine does). Be sure to get the Throw-out Bearing/Release Bearing, Pressure Plate, Clutch Plate, and Pilot Bearing. Also get the flywheel resurfaced and call it a day.
Thanks for your input! I forgot to mention that it has a act 6 puck clutch in there already if that makes any difference. And if I may ask what exactly is the difference between oem and act clutch. When I was driving it felt a bit stiff then other cars I've driven.

I got so used to the stiffness of my clutch that if I drove my brother's it felt like his pedal was broken lol
Old 07-13-2013, 06:31 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was stiffer due to the pressure plate. For daily use with stockish engine. stick to OEM parts as stated above. You will be glad you did.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by postman
It was stiffer due to the pressure plate. For daily use with stockish engine. stick to OEM parts as stated above. You will be glad you did.
was planning on purchasing a oem clutch set, I just wanted to know the difference between oem and act, I just want which ever is better for street use.

Any advise on the replacement?

Looks like I have to do this with a buddy of mine at my house :/
Old 07-13-2013, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by AZ-S2000' timestamp='1373702090' post='22663571
[quote name='Richard_s2k' timestamp='1373687087' post='22663401']

Thanks

Thanks for your input! I forgot to mention that it has a act 6 puck clutch in there already if that makes any difference. And if I may ask what exactly is the difference between oem and act clutch. When I was driving it felt a bit stiff then other cars I've driven.

I got so used to the stiffness of my clutch that if I drove my brother's it felt like his pedal was broken lol
[/quote]

Ouch.. on a stock car? From what I've read.. such an aggressive clutch could do damage to the driveline. Use OEM and be happy.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:14 PM

Yeah that's what was on there! I'm going with oem thanks az-s2000
Old 07-13-2013, 04:44 PM

Yeah that's what was on there! I'm going with oem thanks az-s2000
No problem! Stock ones are build good enough. Last a while. Smooth. Be sure to replace everything I posted and resurface the flywheel if it looks bad or if determined by a shop mechanic

Quick Reply: Need new clutch, any suggestions?