S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Need help an uneven ride

Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody else w/ tein s-techs have this issue?

just installed tein s-tech lowering springs this past saturday 03/08/08. i also have a uneven ride height. its a bit lower on the drivers side and is most noticable on the front wheel. not so much on the rear but the rear is also lower as well. i've driven about 800 miles and it doesn't really seem to be settling into an even height all around.

damn its really bugging the shit out of me.

i drive every day sometimes over 100 miles in a day because of work. they should be settling already i think..
Old 03-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Former Moderator

My stock s2000 didn't sit level.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,Mar 12 2008, 08:22 AM
My stock s2000 didn't sit level.
i have come across threads where people have mentioned that but, my ride was level when it was stock. you can easily tell by visual inspection that the drivers side is slightly lower especially in front. you can also tell by using the infamous finger gap method.

one thread mentioned that the springs may not be seated correctly? i'm pretty much at a loss and if it doesn't start to level out in a week or two i'm gonna take it back to where they did the install and have them take a look.

wtf?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:36 AM

i used to have s-techs for a couple months and it sat uneven as well....higher on passenger side. I got sick of seeing it when i was walking to my car so i went back to skunk2 springs which sit even all the way around for me now along with having a 2 inch drop
Old 03-13-2008, 05:48 AM

ok maybe i'm wigging out but it seems to be evening out a bit. i cannot for the life of me stop checking it every single time i get in/out of the car lol.

its really only been a week so i'll give it a few more weeks to completely settle in. then i'll get an alignment and report back.

i definitely wouldn't have bought these springs if i would have found threads about uneven ride heights on teins. then again i guess its really hit or miss when it comes to lowering springs huh? they aren't exactly expensive usually...
Old 03-13-2008, 06:16 AM

i used to have a lancer before i had the s and i had s-techs on that and it sat perfect. i wonder y the s doesn't
Old 03-13-2008, 07:32 AM

My S2000 is on S-Techs and sits lower ont he drivers side. Only thing I can come up with is I rarely have passengers so drivers weight = lower drivers side? I dont know - Ill throw some cinder blocks in the passenger side of the trunk and cabin and I'll let ya'll know.

LOL.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by rnye,Mar 13 2008, 07:32 AM
My S2000 is on S-Techs and sits lower ont he drivers side. Only thing I can come up with is I rarely have passengers so drivers weight = lower drivers side? I dont know - Ill throw some cinder blocks in the passenger side of the trunk and cabin and I'll let ya'll know.

LOL.
mine sat uneven for awhile. i even put it through some heavy turns throwing the weight to the passenger side and it never changed. i don't think passenger weight is going to make that much of a difference since the suspension is so stiff....unless you find a super fat person, but then you just wouldn't look good driving around haha
Old 03-13-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by AP2 S2K,Mar 13 2008, 08:00 AM
mine sat uneven for awhile. i even put it through some heavy turns throwing the weight to the passenger side and it never changed. i don't think passenger weight is going to make that much of a difference since the suspension is so stiff....unless you find a super fat person, but then you just wouldn't look good driving around haha
i agree it probably isn't the drivers weight that is throwing off the height. it has to be something else. if it doesn't settle down more then it has to be something w/ the install right? i only bought teins because for the most part they are a respected company and i expected a quality product from them despite the low price for the springs.

i've never known anybody personally w/ an uneven drop unless they were on adjustable coilovers.

we shall see....i've also been trying to put more stress on the passenger side in hopes that it will even out. i'm a bit weary now though since you said you had the same problem.

oh well, i can always just pick up a set of coilovers later and justify my purchase based on my negative experience w/ the tein springs. of course thats only if they don't settle evenly...
Old 03-13-2008, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by chamorru,Mar 13 2008, 08:57 AM
i agree it probably isn't the drivers weight that is throwing off the height. it has to be something else. if it doesn't settle down more then it has to be something w/ the install right? i only bought teins because for the most part they are a respected company and i expected a quality product from them despite the low price for the springs.

i've never known anybody personally w/ an uneven drop unless they were on adjustable coilovers.

we shall see....i've also been trying to put more stress on the passenger side in hopes that it will even out. i'm a bit weary now though since you said you had the same problem.

oh well, i can always just pick up a set of coilovers later and justify my purchase based on my negative experience w/ the tein springs. of course thats only if they don't settle evenly...
it most likely isn't an install issue. I've had skunk 2 springs on twice and teins once since i bought the car. The only one i ever had a problem with was the teins not settling right. It seems like the passenger side is more stiff and doesn't want to go any lower.

buy skunk 2's and have a sexy 2 inch drop

Quick Reply: Need help an uneven ride