S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

need help newbie

Old 11-16-2003, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me, mods are just to make the car more enjoyable to drive. I dont race my car, but I drive it daily, and I know that when I downshift or VTEC engages and my exhaust is roaring I am extremely satisfied with the mods I have bought. Granted, if the mods are just for horsepower then you will be disappointed, as they do not produce tons of HP for the $$ spent, but if you just want to improve overall driving experience, then these mods everyone is suggesting are well worth it. Its not necessarily about peer pressure or vanity. I dont car if other people see me or hear me. I like the look of the car and the sound of the car for me. I didnt buy a 35,000 dollar car to make other people happy.
Old 11-16-2003, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by fantaS2K
I just wish this board was less about mods and more about what this car has to offer STOCK.
I havn't done anything to my car and every time I drive it i'm amazed at the enjoyment it gives me. In all the cars i drove i never had so much fun, its scary.
I ordered x-brace and shifter but i'm not sure i want them. I think a lot of mods are the result of peer presure and i don't want to fall into that trap.
No flame intended, but I disagree 110%. I have moded the heck out of my car and it has nothing to do with peer pressure. For myself, half the fun is moding is this or any car I've had. I had a Corrado that I sank money into moding it also. The 4.77 gears make the car feel totally different and its much more fun to drive off the track i.e. you don't have to keep the car in the high rpm range to make power.
Now, I think your statement is correct for this case and others like him i.e. someone that knows zilch about the car and yet is talking about moding it. You know has never driven a s2000, let alone turn one loose on an aggressive drive or on the track. This is the type that is looking to go as fast as they can between stoplights or haul a$$ down the hwy...racing civics. eclipses. etc.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:03 PM

TenBlade, he only said "a lot of mods are due to peer pressure" -- and it may not apply to you, but I tend to agree him. There's a lot to be said for staying stock, although I (like you, presumably) am happier with the car now than when I got it.

AEM EMS, Fuel Pressure Regulator, and Wideband O2 Sensor; RC Engineering 550 Injectors; Turbonetics TO4B 60:1 Ball Bearing Turbo; Tial 46mm Wastegate and 50mm Blowoff Valve; GReddy EGT and Boost Warning Gauges; Upgraded Intake Fuel Pump; Oil Filter Relocation Kit with Stainless Steel Lines; Speedcraft Front Mounted Intercooler, Mandrel Bent Tubing, 3" Down Pipe, and 3" Stainless Exhaust; A'PEXi N1 Mufflers; Clutchmaster Stage 3 Clutch; Toda Lightweight Flywheel; Mugen Radiator Cap, Thermostat, and Fan Switch; Upgraded Oil Bolts; Spoon X-Brace; HeCash Brake Ducting; Competch Stainless Steel Brake Lines; WorkMeister S2R 18" Wheels; Lucid's Front and Rear Speakers; 2002 Stereo Head Unit; Rick's Front Badge; JDM Clear Side Markers; Muz Shift Knob; Uber Cool Nurburgring Decal
Old 11-17-2003, 04:23 PM

Get the 5 speed, it will be faster for a newbie like you, less shifting!!