S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Need help. Acting like stopped up converter. I have test pipe

Old 09-15-2015, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help. Acting like stopped up converter. I have test pipe

What's up guys. I have a delimma here. Basically the car is acting like it Has a stopped up catalytic converter. But the Car has a test pipe. You know how you give it full throttle but it just don't want to go. Its also random how it happens. Seems like something is choking it out. It has good plugs, good compression, New map, New iac. The strange thing is if you run it up to the rev limiter it will clear up at about 7500 rpms. Then it will be good until you turn it on and off a few times. Or randomly let it idle for a few minutes in a store parking lot. I'm running out of options unless it's massive water in the gas or dirty injectors. Also car has no CEL. Any help would be much my appreciated. Thanks in advance. The oil level is topped off. And it starts around idle with the bogging and will go all the way up to 7500rpm.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:01 AM

Please feel free to move this post it I posted in the wrong area. Thanks again.
Old 09-15-2015, 09:31 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Moved to UTH
Old 09-15-2015, 11:55 AM

No body? Nothing?
Old 09-16-2015, 07:04 PM

Bump
Old 09-17-2015, 04:16 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 985 Posts

Originally Posted by v10killer
What's up guys. I have a delimma here. Basically the car is acting like it Has a stopped up catalytic converter. Car has test pipe. You know how you give it full throttle but it just don't want to go. Its random also how it happens. Seems like something is choking it out. It has good plugs good compression, New map New iac. The strange thing is if you run it up to the rev limited it will clear up at about 7500 rpms. Then he good until you turn it on and off a few times. Of randomly let it idle say in a store parking lot. I'm running out of options unless it's massive water in gas or dirty injectors. Also car has no CEL. Any help would be much my appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Your post is confusing to read. Try correcting the typos...or typing when you're not driving, and explain the problem a little more clearly.

From what I gather, your car runs badly until 7500rpm...and then it clears up? And you leave it randomly idling at parking lots.

What other mods do you have?
Old 09-17-2015, 05:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im no grawhmur nawzi but i kan has kawmprehenszhun. Try checking your valve clearances, connections to the VTEC solenoid and oil levels.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
Originally Posted by v10killer' timestamp='1442329136' post='23747467
What's up guys. I have a delimma here. Basically the car is acting like it Has a stopped up catalytic converter. Car has test pipe. You know how you give it full throttle but it just don't want to go. Its random also how it happens. Seems like something is choking it out. It has good plugs good compression, New map New iac. The strange thing is if you run it up to the rev limited it will clear up at about 7500 rpms. Then he good until you turn it on and off a few times. Of randomly let it idle say in a store parking lot. I'm running out of options unless it's massive water in gas or dirty injectors. Also car has no CEL. Any help would be much my appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Your post is confusing to read. Try correcting the typos...or typing when you're not driving, and explain the problem a little more clearly.

From what I gather, your car runs badly until 7500rpm...and then it clears up? And you leave it randomly idling at parking lots.

What other mods do you have?
Intake is only mod. It doesn't do it all the time. Just randomly. Day of its not doing it And I park in a store parking lot it may start doing this when I go to leave.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chitoki
Im no grawhmur nawzi but i kan has kawmprehenszhun. Try checking your valve clearances, connections to the VTEC solenoid and oil levels.
Valve lash is good. If the vtec solenoid was faulty that still wouldn't explain it doing it at 1500rpms. I'm just saying that when I tach it out it clears it up for a little while. Then at some random time it starts again.
Old 09-17-2015, 07:12 AM

Spell check messed up the grammar. I edited it to where it makes since to me now also. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: Need help. Acting like stopped up converter. I have test pipe