S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Need help

Old 03-20-2021, 10:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need help

I tried google search and YouTube and I can’t seem to find the help on how to adjust my driver side window height .

long story short got my car back from body shop but now my window doesn’t fully go up properly and doesn’t sit flush with the oem hardtop. the back of the glass slightly sags .The window still goes fully down just not fully up the rear seems to be stuck somewhere if I hold the button up and pull on the glass it comes up but then goes back down a bit .

You can see the gap where it’s missing to go up it gets stuck in the front of it I am assuming .is there anyway to fix this ?i don’t think it’s the motor because it still goes up and down
Old 03-21-2021, 01:46 AM

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

I believe there's a little bit of play where the glass mounts to the window regulator. When I replaced my regulator I recall it having a little room for adjustment before tightening it down.
Old 03-21-2021, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Zer0ne
I believe there's a little bit of play where the glass mounts to the window regulator. When I replaced my regulator I recall it having a little room for adjustment before tightening it down.
thank you for the reply

Is this for all years ?

should I try messing with the screws while window is “fully up” or mid way ?

Thank you again
Old 03-21-2021, 09:48 AM

Received 78 Likes on 68 Posts

When you pull the door card off you can see three holes in a kind of triangle shape where you can access the bolts holding the glass to the regulator. You'll have to lower the window to line up with those holes to loosen the bolts just a bit and then move the glass around and re-tighten.
Old 03-21-2021, 10:23 AM

Received 316 Likes on 226 Posts

Tha gap is huge. 1/2 "? Almost sure that there is something broken inside.
The window is screwed to the electric mechanism. This is done with screws with big plastic washers / Distance pieces. Maybe one is broken or just a screw is loose.
Old 03-21-2021, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Matchbox
Tha gap is huge. 1/2 "? Almost sure that there is something broken inside.
The window is screwed to the electric mechanism. This is done with screws with big plastic washers / Distance pieces. Maybe one is broken or just a screw is loose.
oh damm I hope not if that’s the case would it be a part I can still find at Honda or eBay ?
Or should I look for a parting out s2000
Old 03-21-2021, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Zer0ne
When you pull the door card off you can see three holes in a kind of triangle shape where you can access the bolts holding the glass to the regulator. You'll have to lower the window to line up with those holes to loosen the bolts just a bit and then move the glass around and re-tighten.
thank you for your reply I hope it’s just not mounted right and not a broken part hahaha I’m scared now tbh lol
Old 03-21-2021, 01:35 PM

Received 316 Likes on 226 Posts

Here is a picture. The huge gap is in my opinion a sign that some screws are loose or missing. Probably Nr. 26 or 24.
Remove the door panel and have a look... And yes, i also HATE to work on this kind of stuff.

Old 03-21-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mr.Matchbox
Here is a picture. The huge gap is in my opinion a sign that some screws are loose or missing. Probably Nr. 26 or 24.
Remove the door panel and have a look... And yes, i also HATE to work on this kind of stuff.

on this is awesome
alright I’ll have a look at it tmrw on my day off and see what’s going on behind that door panel

thank you for you guys time and help I’ll keep y’all posted on what I came across lol
Old 03-21-2021, 04:38 PM

Received 1,716 Likes on 1,023 Posts

Here is this from the manual. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Need help