S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

need to flush diff and trans

Old 07-24-2005, 09:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to flush diff and trans

what is the best diff fluid? lsd additive? synchronized trans fluid?
Old 07-24-2005, 09:31 AM

bump
Old 07-24-2005, 10:18 AM

Smile

why view if your not going to help
Old 07-24-2005, 10:32 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You see that thread right above yours that says "Answers to your questions HERE: FAQ's in Technical"?

Take a gander and do some research.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:41 AM

Scubasteve,
You are more likely to get a response on this board if you are nice and have a little patience. People tend to be a little triggerhappy on newbies... even if you are a goldmember.

This is the thread honda606 was talking about... you can figure out exactly what you need from here.
FAQ
Old 07-24-2005, 11:12 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by scubasteve,Jul 24 2005, 11:18 AM
why view if your not going to help
You waited just over an hour - on a SUNDAY yet. It could be that many of those views are from other users who wanted to see what the answers are and they didn't know either. Also, sometimes, people won't answer when they know that had you looked at the many stickied FAQs here, the answer will be there.

Like RWD_RCKT just said:
You are more likely to get a response on this board if you are nice and have a little patience. People tend to be a little triggerhappy on newbies... even if you are a goldmember.
I wasn't going to answer either, but since you were good enough to ante up with a gold membership, here's my answer:
Tranny .................. you can't go wrong with the Honda MTF, however, many have used the GM Syncromesh - FRICTION MODIFIED with great success. The problem is, it doesn't last long.
Diff .................... Honda Car Division has no "in-house" diff fluid. They get it from their Motorcycle division. Make sure it's classified as a GL-5 gear oil. I've been using Mobil 1 75W90 GL-5 synthetic for years in this car with great success. However, if you don't live in a cold climate, many owners have gone to the LE 607 straight 90 weight fluid with great success.
We do not need any friction modifiers for our diffs as we don't have clutch packs in it. The GM FM just happens to work very well, but it's not necessarily because of the friction modifiers in it.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:32 AM

you guys are funny. Everyone just calm down, i just posted a brat comment to get your attention and replies. It worked. I appreciate the info thats all i needed.

I have researched i was looking for user opinoins and past experiences/preferences, you know, like what forums are used for.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:35 AM

btw what qualities does one need to have in order to uphold this "newbie" status you speak of?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by scubasteve,Jul 24 2005, 11:35 AM
btw what qualities does one need to have in order to uphold this "newbie" status you speak of?
"Most" people on the board don't think like this (or even care for that matter) but certain members tend to get impatient with people who do not use the search function on the board. Even though the search function is down quite often, just looking at the "stickies" at the top of each forum section will answer 90% of your questions. You just have to look is all.

Newbies are usually less than one S2KI year old... or don't have very many posts per day... or are just young period. It is certainly not a rule... and god I hope people don't use this thread as a starting point!
Old 07-24-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by hecash,Jul 24 2005, 04:05 PM
Steve,

You have my phone number, just give me a call if the search function fails.
Geez Harry, if I had known he's a friend of yours, I would have been more "diplomatic".

Quick Reply: need to flush diff and trans