S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Need Assistance installing Air Fuel Gauge

Old 02-24-2004, 07:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Assistance installing Air Fuel Gauge

I am installing an Air Fuel Ratio Gauge in my car and I've been having trouble locating documentation on the ECU so that I can find where the O2 Senser wire is located. Can anyone give me information on where this is located or where I can get documenatation that gives a wiring diagram of the ECU It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There are 3 wiring harnesses that plug into the underside of the ECU. You need the 31 pin connector and locate pin #16. It is in the central cluster of wires and is WHITE. This is the primary heated O2 sensor wire. "T" tap into this wire and you've got the signal wire for your A/F gauge.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:20 PM

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/download.php?id=1356
Ecu pin out diagram found here

The pin for primary o2 is c16
Old 02-25-2004, 04:05 PM

Thanks so much......I really appreciate the information.
Old 02-26-2004, 10:25 AM

A gauge reading the stock 02 sensor is useless except as an indicator of closed loop vs open loop. The stock o2 sensor doesn't work very far from stoichiometric, and that is way too lean for safe wide open throttle.
Old 02-26-2004, 11:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kitwetzler
A gauge reading the stock 02 sensor is useless except as an indicator of closed loop vs open loop.
Old 02-28-2004, 10:13 PM

I was going to be using this (air fuel) and an EGT gauge to help me tune the VAFC II that I got. Is this not what I should use? I'm not that "literate" when it comes to car tuning.....my brother is and he's going to help me tune it. He told me to get these gauges to do this. Are there other gauges I should consider? Any help from you guys is VERY appreciated and wanted. I'm very new to the "tuning" arena and would love all the help I can get. Also, any suggestions as to what upgrades should be done is very appreciated. The next upgrades that are planned are a dc header and an exhaust I've found on EBay (don't know the manufacturer...but this is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2462979894). I am working w/a "save and spend" budget.....so the major upgrade I want to do is a few months out (vortech supercharger) Anyway.....thanks for the info so far and I hope to hear more from you guys soon.

later
Old 02-29-2004, 07:29 AM

Kyps, as Kitwetzler alluded to, a gauge that taps into the existing stock O2 wire will not be any good for what you are trying to do. You need to get a wide band unit with it's own O2 sensor. Things like Autometer A/F gauges that tap into the existing wiring will blink like a christmas tree and will only give you a generalized idea of what the actual A/F reading is. You will find it nearly impossible to tune a car using one of these.
Go to that link I put up for Kit. They are talking about things that might help you.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:11 AM

Great info, Subscribing!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by Kyps_Sabre
I was going to be using this (air fuel) ...
Start thinking more along the lines of these devices for Air/Fuel tuning
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/ShowProduc...CategoryCd=O2KI

they get you out of "useless christmas tree" mode and into "measurable, accurate, repeatable" mode.

Quick Reply: Need Assistance installing Air Fuel Gauge