S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Need advice!...Check engine light with test pipe:

Old 09-12-2002, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dersark, They're under the black cover on top of the red thing , under the hood
Old 09-17-2002, 07:13 AM

Latest update: the new part went in yesterday. An hour's test drive yesterday afternoon and thus far no MIL. Will keep you posted. I'm doing an S2Ki drive in PA-MD this weekend so I'll have the chance to run the new simulator through virtually all driving conditions to see if anything triggers a check light.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:21 AM

The new simulator unit went in. The MIL came on. So it goes. I've passed the MIL code on to Caspers and they say they'll have a new part for me soon. I suspect that the next iteration will involve running a wire to the front O2 sensor in order to read its signal and thus provide both the front and rear signals to the simulator in order for the simulator to generate the appropriate signal to the ECU from the rear sensor. I remain confident that Caspers will get this fixed (in large measure b/c they have a number of orders on hold while I play the role of beta tester). I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:05 AM

Thanks for hanging in there cbender. I would have given up by now.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:11 AM

Pure stubborness and I'd like the MIL to otherwise work.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:12 AM

But you can guys are welcome to send me a six-pack for being your beta tester.... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, pls... :-)
Old 09-20-2002, 10:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know marcucci mentioned this, and you said you passed it on to your guy, but have you simply tried a resistor in the signal from the primary o2 to feed the secondary o2? from what i can tell, there's absolutely no difference in the behavior of the ecu relative to o2 sensor values on an s2k.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cbender
[B]But you can guys are welcome to send me a six-pack for being your beta tester.... Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, pls...
Old 09-20-2002, 01:03 PM

Hi Schwett,

I've been preoccupied by other things, so I've not tried Marcucci's solution (although, I did pass it on to Caspers). I didn't bother trying because they really do seem like they know what they're doing. If this next iteration -- which I suspect will involve pulling the signal off the front sensor -- doesn't work, then I'll give Marcucci's solution a try. But thanks for reminding me it's an option. I just have other things on my list and keep thinking, "this time, Caspers will have gotten it right..." :-)

PS: I'm still puzzling over your earlier post. I confess, it went over my head. Way over my head. But the car's running pretty good, so I'm not so worried about the tuning these days.
Old 09-20-2002, 01:06 PM

Did you remind me of Marcucci's solution to avoid kicking up a six-pack of beer? :-)
Old 09-20-2002, 02:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nope, just trying to save you some hassle........ i always like to support manufacturers and consumers of alcohol.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cbender
[B]Did you remind me of Marcucci's solution to avoid kicking up a six-pack of beer?

Quick Reply: Need advice!...Check engine light with test pipe: