S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

NA build

Old 07-21-2005, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If money is no object then get an F22c and drop that bad boy in.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:38 PM

Start with an F22C lower end.

Replace stock rods with aftermarket items. This will bring your redline back to stock 9000rpm.

Send F20C head to Alianz for head port and polish, valve job, port match intake manifold.

Get a Toda, J's or Mugen header.

Ditch the cat.

Get a bigger throttle body.

Get a decent intake like a J's or Mugen.

Reassemble and tune with AEM EMS.

(I might be missing some parts here, but stock cams should be fine).

UL suggests this combo willl make over 300 at the crank. It is very tempting to try and find out.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:17 PM

I have heard ppl saw dynoplots for the F20C with mods can make up like 300whp and i really like to see this plot and the mod list which can get this kind of power.

I have been testing a lot of parts (BOLT-ONs for now) The best i did so far is 223whp (stock 194whp) on dynojet with I/H/E/ECU/TB (no ITBs ). I have plans to build up my engine with 2.2L stroker kit (hi-compression), higher lift cams with different fuel manage system, I am only expecting to see 250-260whp. I think i am lucky if I see anything higher than that.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by StinkyTofu,Jul 21 2005, 08:52 PM
^^ Ask Ultimate Lurker. The F22c responds much better to mods than the F20c. I believe Shawn has got a F22c dynoed at 240-250whp with I/H/E/Test Pipe/EMS.
i think the F22 does respond slightly better to some mods, but not so much to others. for example, EMS or VAFC won't do as much for the F22 as the F20 (since the F22 is already running leaner)
Old 07-22-2005, 04:51 AM

if search was working right, i'd try to post some dynos. i have seen a few posts in UTH and other forums where people with ap1 and ap2 have dynoe'd near the 250whp mark on a dynojet with i/h/e/tp/ecu

FWIW, UL does believe the S2000 engine has the most potential for peak power of any honda engine. i believe king motorsports at one point had a nearly 300whp S2000 n/a
Old 07-22-2005, 02:54 PM

im still a disbeliever in these bolt on only 250whp s2ks i believe when i see it and i would bet the corection is fudged over on them. I would like to see these dynos and see what kind of A/f they run.

this is my dyno as of 6-23-05,this is the 3rd gear run in 4th it made a clean 252whp corrected and uincorected it made 256whp. All i have on this one is: inlinepro 2.5L, CC flywheel, CC 6 puck, 575cc injectors, injen intake, inlinepro 3in. exhaust, custom 2.5in. to 3in. test pipe and a VAFC.
My TWM ITB came in a cupple weeks ago and im going to put those on with an EMS and probly a J's header it may just be the ITBs and EMS tho. Once that is done im going to put in the 04 gears and synchros and port and ppolish the head and either get toda to sell me their spec C or get custom cams made. I hope to have it all done by nest spring it should be over 300whp if its not im jacking the compression and using race gas cuase im only using 11.5:1. but we'll see where itbs and EMS get me.

-matt
Old 07-23-2005, 08:52 AM

anyone that post SHOULD also post the baseline stock numbers, there are to many variables and differences in output on each dyno.. this way it gives a slightly better idea of power to compare.

for example 220 on one could be 240/50 on another..
Old 07-23-2005, 09:26 AM

this is true for the most part,however a dynojet is a dynojet unless people change the correction factor. that being said, that is why 1/4 mile times are a better way to compare how fast/how powerful a car is.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:45 AM

OK. *sits down*

you have to remember a couple things here that some of you are missing. first off, the dude with the 2.5
reason your not making big HP. you have this huge motor now, with stock cams???? uhm,, 2.5,,, you need custom manifold (s), custom cams, and i hope your running nothing short of a set of carrillo rods. that motor you have is capable of 350 flywheel HP. but you must have some pro's working on it. and its not gonna be very driveable. but itll haul serious ass.
to the rest of the folk, food for thought. why does the F22 respond better to mods??
think for a minute. honda increased the stroke, which increases cylinder filling capacity. yet didnt increase VE.
they then threw on the exact same intake and exhaust manifolds from the F20C, wait wait, they even kept the same head. all that increased was stroke, flywheel weight, and cam size. (few other nonimportant things).
so as soon as you start to open the passages for the F22, its like THANK YOU.
just imagine, add even larger cams, a better set of rods (read:change rod ratio) and pistons, and the F22 alone would make 300 whp all day long. especially if you couple what i said with massive port work. the F22 is VERY restricted with all the F20 parts on it. PERIOD.
anyone who has built even one engine will tell you, the huge difference they recieved when they added 4-10 mm on crank stroke with a 4cyl. this goes to say that anyone who thinks the F22 is still making 240 flywheel is on fine white powder.

NOW. let me help a few more of you out with some food for thought. as some of my friends were speaking with me the other day, and made a good point. so much that im posting this book of info.
what is the BEST dyno to dyno your car on.
DYNAPACK.
end of story, WHY?
you can see the difference your mods made, easily. the reason is, there are WAY too many variables on a roller dyno. wheel size, tire psi, how tightly you strap the car down, the tire compound you run, and in what gear, and what leverage point you accelerate the car at. also how much your supension undulates, not only eats HP, but can be dangerous, yet the dynapack is unloaded supsension.
all that is gone when you use a dynapack. you can see exactly what you put to the hubs. then, if your an idiot you can go bolt 20 inch wheels on the thing, thats your choice to burn up HP. not mine.
so if you put an ap1, and ap2 on the dynapack, you will see more HP put down by the ap2, why, same cars, same parts, HP at the hubs. done deal. now put them both on a roller dyno, lets say mustang. the ap2 has larger wheels, wider and larger around to begin with. and if you strap it down without a strain gauge, say you just added another 50 lbs of down force, you just scrubbed HP. so, wow, now the ap1 and 2 dyno same numbers. aaaahhh WRONG.
these are all things that run through my mind, when people say that church' numbers arent repeatable. and yes, a well tuned stand alone, with minor bolt ons, F22 can put 260+ hp to the wheels. just ask shawn.
anyways, hope this helps some of you, in your quest to get max HP. our motors have ALOT left in them, dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

dave
Old 07-23-2005, 12:01 PM

the F22 does not respond to bolt ons any more than the F20. in fact, it seems to respond less in some cases, particularly in fuel tuning.

and IMO i disagree on the dynapack dyno being the better determination of how much power your car makes in regards to how fast it will be. IMO, dynapack is good for tuning, since it removes the things you mentioned above. however, if you are not tuning and are dyno'ing to see what your car puts down or more importantly COMPARING TWO CARS to see if one would make more power and be faster, a dynapack is misleading.

last i checked, most people race with their wheels on, so to dyno your car and say "look how much more power i'm making" or "look how much more power the ap2 makes so it'd be faster and more powerful" is simply incorrect. if you're going to ignore losses at the wheels, then what's the point? as i said, you don't race with your wheels off, so why should you compare horsepower with the wheels off?

by the way, the chick in your sig has big bewbies

Quick Reply: NA build