S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

MY04-05-06 clutch delay slave cylinder removal

Old 04-18-2005, 06:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Apr 17 2005, 10:49 PM
PLEASE HELP!!!

I didn't align the metal ball properly and it punched through the rubber/plastic black boot that the slave sits in. do i need to get it replaced? does it hold any oil or pressure? or, if i can just get the metal ball into the socket, will it be ok?

thank you
The black plastic boot serves as a dust shield for the joint the cylinder valve and the clutch lever make. If you poked a hole in it, just make sure it's not big enough to let dirt and water in. Over time, the water and dirt will wash the grease at the joint and cause premature wear. I don't imagine a replacement boot would be more than $20.

Originally Posted by dyhppy
ok, redid everythin and bled the clutch. now, the car makes a chugging sound when pushing the start button. almost like the battery is low. i cant figure it out. could it be that the clutch doesnt have enough pressure (feels like stock again)? or what else could it be. all the electronics in the car work, so i dont think its the battery? i need help. please.
The clutch project shouldn't have affected anything with the electronics. Did you leave any lights on recently that would have caused the battery to drain? Try taking your car to a local battery place like sears or pepboys that can run an amperage test to see how much life you have left in it.

The clutch should feel similar to stock after this mod is done, if anything, then maybe a bit stiffer. Also, check your clutch fluid to make sure it's not low. A proper bleed job may be in order to clear out some air that might still be in the line. Take it to a local shop and have them hook it up to a preasure line to do it right if you don't have any luck with it by yourself.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rubber dust cover is slotted so it's fine.....no replacement needed. Just re-seat it properly and align the rubber dust cover housing.

The enging chugging has nothing to do with your clutch. Make sure all your slave cylinder bolts are secure and your bleed off valve is closed to specs.

Did you by chance leave your door open or play music while you were doing this mod?.....sounds like your battery got a little drained.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys. i tried to jump the car, but it didn't start. still chugged. took it to honda. they said battery was dead, but that doesn't explain why it was chugging. the clutch was very stiff after i bled it. could it be that there is too much pressure? or could something be causing the clutch to engage so the engine doesn't start? i followed the instructions to the letter and didn't touch anything else. that's why im baffled by the chugging. any thoughts would be really appreciated.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:52 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Does the car try to move when you start it? (Try with the emergency brake off.) If so, then the clutch isn't fully disengaging. Possibly it disengages just enough to allow for driving, but not enough to reduce drag on the engine when starting?
Old 04-18-2005, 11:12 AM

i should have tried that, but with the brake engaged, i didn't feel any sort of movement. the engine just wouldn't turn over.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:43 AM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Even if the clutch isn't engaged all the way, it should matter if the car is in neutral. It should crank up just fine. So Honda said the battery was dead? Did you get a new one? Chances are good that's all the problem is. Maybe you played your stereo too long without the engine on or something. Get a yellow top Optima if you get a new one.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:06 PM

that's part of what doesn't make sense. i tried to jump it, the tow truck guy tried to jump it, it didn't even play the radio. thank you for the help. but i'm still seriously baffled.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Apr 18 2005, 12:06 PM
that's part of what doesn't make sense. i tried to jump it, the tow truck guy tried to jump it, it didn't even play the radio. thank you for the help. but i'm still seriously baffled.
Until you can prove otherwise or someone else can vouch for you.....I'm going to call on your problem....
Old 04-18-2005, 01:12 PM

damn, wat's the deal? why would you think i'm making it up? seriously, i kinda insulted and humored at the same time. do u have something against me, personally? if anyone has anythin helpful, i would really appreciate it. honda says, they'll look at it tmrw.

siik2nr, i didn't realize you were the one who started this thread until i just looked it up. i wanted to say thank you to you and ask how you knew there was something different about the 04 slave. but genuinely, i thank you for your post and input, but i could really use some help because the problem is real. i'm in santa monica, would u like to drive up and take look?
Old 04-18-2005, 01:32 PM

[QUOTE=dyhppy,Apr 18 2005, 01:12 PM] damn, wat's the deal?

Quick Reply: MY04-05-06 clutch delay slave cylinder removal