S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

My S got vandalized last night.

Old 01-25-2016, 07:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My S got vandalized last night.

Someone broke into my car last night in my goddamn driveway, smashed BOTH door windows as if one wasn't enough to get in. What I'm worried about is that my fuel door was open. Cap was shut tight, odd, but I can't imagine I had left it open from the gas station 3 days ago and didn't notice, my family walks pass the driver's side everyday. I'm so stressed about the thought of someone putting sh*t in the tank; sand, sugar, etc whatever can ruin an engine. Have any of you guys experienced this before? I'm not sure what to do, my cars just sitting outside with no door windows because I'm afraid to even turn it on to move it into the garage.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:40 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Damn that sucks. Sorry to hear. Is your fuel level low? Maybe they siphoned whatever gas you had?

Edit: Would probably be best to have the tank dropped and inspected.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can always suck the fuel out and replace it with fresh one from cannister.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:44 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

People are terrible. What did they take from inside the car? Appears that they were jealous of your car, which is why the busted out both windows.

I would err on the side of caution and drain the old fuel and refill with fresh fuel. You could also remove the tank and visually inspect if you suspect they deposited sand or some foreign substance into it.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't chance it either, siphon from the top and inspect.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:03 AM

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,003 Posts

Maybe the burglars simply pushed every button and pulled every lever in the interior. Was your radio or seats taken? They didn't steal your battery?

I'd get a burglar alarm. Best you can afford. One that senses tapping on windows and any changes to the level of the car (like someone trying to jack-up the car).
Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 AM

Received 1,655 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by windhund116
Maybe the burglars simply pushed every button and pulled every lever in the interior.
That is what I think happened. Probably wanted to see what was in the trunk but got the fuel door. If they actually planned to put something in the tank, you most likely would see residue around the fuel cap. Sugar will dissolve and not do anything for the amount of fuel in the tank. If they tried to pour dirt or sand in there, you would see some of around the cap. It was pristine, yes? Cap on tight? No worries IMO.

You may have some enemies. Might want to get a video DVR recorder of the driveway for any future problems.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like a prank to me. Two busted windows is just excessive theres a decent chance the fuel door may have been opened to mess with you. None the less its a lot less work to drop and inspect than replacing the engine. Just for peace of mind I wouldn't even touch the key.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:54 AM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

They thought the fuel door release was a trunk release IMHO.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:17 PM
Site Moderator

Received 353 Likes on 307 Posts

Yeah it is likely that they wouldn't have put the cap back on if they had done that. Also like cosmo said there would likely be some dirt or something around the cap. If you are really worried syphon it out just to be sure and put in some fresh gas.

As for the other suggestions of alarms or cameras forget all that and move someplace with a garage you can park the car in. The S2000 is way to much of a target to park it outside.

Quick Reply: My S got vandalized last night.