S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

my 'run at night' rear tail lights do Not work!

Old 05-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper
Odd. Which fuse?
Since the same fuse for the tail running lights also controls a multitude of other things, you should have also had the following out:

- audio unit light, cruise control main switch light, front parking lights, gauge lights, hazard warning switch light, heater control panel lights, licence plate light, convertible top switch light, radio remote switch light, tail lights.
Oh, and the dead give-away would have been that your keyless door lock control unit would not have worked.

You didn't notice any of these other things not working?
After reading many threads about parking lights not working, I have come to the conlusion that all of the above mentioned is occuring with my 01' s2k. I have replaced the "small lights" fuse 4x and they continue to blow everytime I try to turn on the parking light switch. I also encountered that my remote key control does not work, therefore replaced the "keyless remote" fuse 4x and they too continue to blow... I am running out of ideas and patience on trying to resolve this issue... The amber lights in the front head lights do not turn on as well when I turn on the parking light switch.. Please note that my signals work when on. My brake lights illuminate with I press on the brake pedal.. Please someone chime in with any solutions or ideas on trying to tackle this situation out. Also, note that all this starting to occur with my license plate bulb going out.. At first I would tap the plastic peice and the bulb will turn on, but after one day of trying this the bulb never turned back on and as the result of this, the rest of my lights when out (parking lights- rear lights, license plate light, gauge cluster lights, front amber lights)..
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 PM

Culprit = Aftermarket radio
Old 03-20-2015, 02:11 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd like to bump this thread since I'm at my wit's end for a similar issue as well. (And yes, I've done thorough searching before reviving this thread). I've had the car (WITH an aftermarket radio installed from the beginning) for over a year now and just recently, both tail lights (running lights) stopped working. Break lights, blinkers, etc. all work just fine. Every time I replace the "small light" fuse and turn on my headlights, it pops as soon as I turn on the parking lights. There is no moisture anywhere in the system and I've removed my entire trunk lining trying to isolate a cable that could be split or otherwise malfunctioning- nothing. At this point, I'll take any suggestions since I cannot drive the car at night anymore.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:16 AM

Received 1,398 Likes on 837 Posts

Are your front fender liners in place?

I've been seeing cars with no tail lights come in, the wiring harness get worn through by the tire, which takes out the tail light fuse (running light circuit).

I posted this once before, the kid says no no I have no tail lights its not in the front.

Read carefully.

^ see you soon....
Old 03-21-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Billman250

I've been seeing cars with no tail lights come in, the wiring harness get worn through by the tire, which takes out the tail light fuse (running light circuit).

I posted this once before, the kid says no no I have no tail lights its not in the front.

Read carefully.

^ see you soon....
Yup, fender liners have never been touched. That was the first thing I ruled out
Old 03-21-2015, 10:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by funat9000rpm
Originally Posted by Billman250' timestamp='1426947361' post='23549227

Read carefully.

^ see you soon....
Yup, fender liners have never been touched. That was the first thing I ruled out
If it has an aftermarket stereo it's worth pulling that out to have a look at the wiring. If they used electrical tape or cheap connectors, it could have worked loose and exposed a short.

Also, instead of blowing fuses each time you test it, just hook up a meter and test for ground on the unpowered side of the fuse holder. If you don't have the fatory service manual, I can send you some pics of the electrical diagrams, just let me know.

your attendance for night runs is mandatory! hope you get it fixed soon
Old 01-02-2024, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Billman250

Read carefully.

^ see you soon....

what harness do you guys replace?
my s2k fender liners got ripped out and it cut up some wires and connectors to the headlights, and burnt the fuse to the taillights which I already replaced, but the driver side amber taillight doesn’t work, the car doesn’t remote lock and the front headlights don’t fully light up