S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

My review of the Tanabe Super Racing Medallian exhaust

Old 05-04-2004, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My review of the Tanabe Super Racing Medallian exhaust

I got my Tanabe Super Racing Medallian exhaust installed yesturday.

First impressions: The name is way too long and sounds alittle retarded, like your trying to make something that isn't cool, cool, just by giving it a crazy name.

Second: The cans ARE big, not nessicsarilly a bad thing at all....in fact if you like the Apexi N1 style of exhaust then they are a perfect size, very mean looking. They also have very large openings so it looks extra special.

The welds are nice but I expect that on any $800 exhaust, and the cat back piping looks good. Fit quality was good, Not perfect, had to heat up a portion of the pipe to get one of the cans to fit better. It over hangs (sticks out) from the bumper so there shouldn't be any risk of exhaust stain on the car. The piping did feel very light.

Driving impressions: Loud, it's loud. I mean it's not over the top, but it's for people who like to hear their car all the time. I love exhaust sounds so it's not that big of a deal to me. But you hear this exhaust ALL the time, it's never quite. 2000 rpm loud, 6th gear loud. It's actually quiter in vtec.

The car doesn't feel super fast or anything but the accelerator feels lighter, easier to rev, kinda like when you put an intake on your car. I would say HP was increased but not more then 3 plus the light wieght helps.

So all in all I would say good exhaust, but get it on sale, not worth $800 new. And only buy if you like it loud and mean all the time.

BTW the only other engine mod I have is an AEM v1 CAI.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Old 05-04-2004, 09:20 AM

Not to knock your exhaust but I've always hated it with a passion the way the tanabe exhausts looks on the s2000. If I were to spend money on a dual system. I would have chosen RS*R or spugen or invidia. However I like the single look so now i have the T1R. I thought the tanabe system was a bit overprice just for namesake. I think this exhaust sounds decent just looks as they say "ricey".
Old 05-04-2004, 10:11 AM

I aprishated your opinion...but to be honest with everyone....I don't know what goes through a persons mind when, in my opinion, rice up there S2000 by going to a single exhaust......To me that would be far worse then altezza lights or neon light kit. It's a sports car with dual exhaust....who in the world goes to single?????? whats that add...1 hp more then dual? To ruin the look of the car?
Old 05-04-2004, 01:47 PM

In my opinion however, the exhaust outlet is extra weight but is even more pointless when the motor is an inline 4 and not a V motor. Basically looking at the stock exhaust, they are just splitting or adding an extra muffler on for a dual setup which is pointless. The dual setup is not what i think is rice, it's the canister that tanabe uses is what i don't like
Old 05-04-2004, 04:42 PM
tru

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Swiftvision
I aprishated your opinion...but to be honest with everyone....I don't know what goes through a persons mind when, in my opinion, rice up there S2000 by going to a single exhaust......To me that would be far worse then altezza lights or neon light kit.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tru
Old 05-04-2004, 05:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man Kool!

I just Order mine from MVP Motorsports Today!

Post pics if you have dude!
Old 05-04-2004, 05:36 PM

Old 05-04-2004, 08:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post Some Pics Dude!
Old 05-04-2004, 09:36 PM

Quick Reply: My review of the Tanabe Super Racing Medallian exhaust