S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

My HID Lights BLOW!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2003, 08:03 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally posted by TommyAmrani
... HOW DO I REGAIN THAT PURPLE AFFECT????????...
Angle the lights back to OEM specs, raise the car 1.5 inches.
Old 01-10-2003, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo_pwr
[B]
Old 01-10-2003, 10:23 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Point a finger at someone's eyes sitting in a chair 10' away. Now, without changing the angle of your arm, crouch down 1.5"....you're now pointing at his mouth (give or take). To see your finger directly on, he has to crouch down 1.5" himself.

So, to oncoming traffic, the purple glow seen on your car at stock height can now be seen if the other people crouch down 1.5" in their seats. Have them hit a dip in the road and that's the same thing. As long as the angle is the same, it won't make a lick of difference to oncoming traffic.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't understand your fascination with the way the lights look to oncoming traffic. I haven't met a person yet (myself included) who didn't REALLY hate HIDs on OTHER cars. If you want to please oncoming traffic, retrofit your S with halogens.

I followed my brother for about 300 miles several months ago, and by the time we reached our destination, he had was foaming at the mouth because of my HIDs blinding him the whole way.
Old 01-10-2003, 05:17 PM

yeah i don't get my "fascination" either... but our lights are just so unique and look so purple and blue and white... and mine just don't. so i guess it bugs me.
SORRY
Old 01-11-2003, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gernby
[B]I don't understand your fascination with the way the lights look to oncoming traffic.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:05 PM

hey everyone i'm his friend with the other 02 and i must admit he is a little crazy about his lights but i can understand it somewhat. my lights are purple blue as all hell, i'd even say maybe a little more than most s2000's why i have no idea maybe the fact that i have removed them and put them back in a couple of time. anyways just to prove some of your points wrong you guys say if i change one bulb that the other should be a little diff. not true i had to replace my right side light and they are still a 100% perfect match purple blue. i have no idea how to get his light like mine. we have raised them lowered then made them stock pretty much everything, just havn't really made them too low. i think thats all we can try now. anyways we'll let you guys know how its goes.
Old 01-13-2003, 09:25 PM

yeah... we might just do it ghetto style.... park it down the road, he'll adjust and i'll tell him when it goes purple! by then i'm sure they'll be hitting the freaken ground!
but on any account, jonathan's right, his lights have been fvcked with so many times and they look AMAZING!
Old 01-14-2003, 06:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blue, use your bulbs for 2 years, THEN replace one...the color difference will be quite noticeable. It takes some time for the bulbs to wear down, just as with everything.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by schwett

agreed. i REALLY WISH the S2K didn't have HIDs. i could see the road just as well in my prelude, and these things annoy other drivers. should be illegal imho.
I disagree. 'Annoying the other drivers' was the same argument used when people bitched about the halogens. The car is low enough that the full intensity of the lights should not enter the view of cars in front. Look at the upper transition next time you roll up on a car. If it hit the trunk (above the bumper) of the car, your lights are not aimed right.

I admit that the lights do flicker. A diffuser on the upper edge would have helped. It didn't help that my lights were not aimed properly from the factory. Trucks like the BMW X5 are a different question. When an X5 rolls up behind me, I'm completely blinded through the rear (admittedly scratched) window.

Quick Reply: My HID Lights BLOW!!!!!!!