S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

my custom turbo set up

Old 07-28-2004, 05:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kane.s2k,Jul 28 2004, 01:26 AM
Dont get the EMS if you're not located near a well known tuner. Dont get the FMU...that's the old school way of "tunning" and has been proven to not be the best way to add fuel to turbo'ed cars.

The full-race manifold is really over-kill for a T3/T4. Invest the money on a BB upgrade for the turbo and make sure it's also water-cooled if you can.

I still think you're better off just buying a kit that's out there already.
I dont understand what you mean buy overkill..... the only advantage of the FR manifold is that it is equal length.... it allows the gas/air to flow better..... it is just like saying a toda (closest equal length header in the market) header is overkill for a lightly modded s2000.... with just the FR upgrade many turbo GSR have seen upto >20 RWHP with the same amount of boost. Their cars spool out faster due to a decrease in back pressure and it produces more RWHP.... I personally think it is about efficiency... anyone can make 400 RWHP.. I think it would be cooler to make it with the least amount of boost.....
Beroz
Old 07-28-2004, 06:17 AM

the kit i bought was a kit that is made by a new company called D&S so it comes with everything except the emanage or other type of ems...i talked with a owner with this kit on his car and he is stock except the turbo kit...he said he has had 11k miles with out one problem.. not that i realy believe that to much but the company is will to back me up when i'm instaling this kit... they have done quite a few s2k turbo kit installs and a butt load of civic and integra turbos as well.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mustangkiller01... you have a link to a website for this company or anthing? i would like to look into this company and do some research. i'm interested in turboing my S, but it won't be for a while. still i would like to read up on some stuff
Old 07-28-2004, 09:38 AM

the company is in the middle of putting a website up.. i have a phone number for them and i can post pics of everything that came in my kit. i believe they are out of colorado..
Old 07-28-2004, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by beroznikmal,Jul 28 2004, 08:58 AM
I dont understand what you mean buy overkill..... the only advantage of the FR manifold is that it is equal length.... it allows the gas/air to flow better..... it is just like saying a toda (closest equal length header in the market) header is overkill for a lightly modded s2000.... with just the FR upgrade many turbo GSR have seen upto >20 RWHP with the same amount of boost. Their cars spool out faster due to a decrease in back pressure and it produces more RWHP.... I personally think it is about efficiency... anyone can make 400 RWHP.. I think it would be cooler to make it with the least amount of boost.....
Beroz
It's overkill because he's not looking for power. He wants to have turbo. There's less headaches with a regular log manifold and it's way cheaper as well. The money can be used for something else instead like a oil cooler and extra time tunning.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:29 PM

Remember, he did say his funds are not an issue....
Old 07-28-2004, 12:36 PM

beroz...basically it's just that I know something that no one else really knows.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by beroznikmal,Jul 28 2004, 03:29 PM
Remember, he did say his funds are not an issue....
Then why is he trying to make his own turbo setup? The stuff he listed is a lot like inline pro's kit. Most people just make a custom setup either for insane power or to save money.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:41 PM

I am just pointing out the facts that are presented to me..... So tell us more about the FR manifold... are you having issues with clearence????
Old 07-28-2004, 12:43 PM

A T3/T04E is too small to have any clearance issues. The FR manifold is definately a piece of art that's for sure.

My manifold isn't built yet. I'm still waiting for my custom spec GT35R to get to me

Quick Reply: my custom turbo set up