S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

MUGEN hEADERS

Old 01-18-2003, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I installed my mugen headers today and aside from the car being bone stock, I love em! It's no turbo/supercharger but it did what I had been planning and that was to fill out the torque curve a little bit better in the midrange. The car pulls harder than before but smoother too at the vtec range.

Kekoa installed his too but he's got AEM intake and Mugen exhaust so the difference was much more noticeable on his. The car sounded great!

UL, when are you going to have another $45 dyno day? PM me

I'd love to see what kinda difference it made.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YS, anything is possible. But I don't know for sure.

SEVNT4, I've been so busy lately, its been hard to schedule a dyno day. But if you folks are interested, let's look at doing something toward the end of this month/beginning of next.

UL
Old 01-18-2003, 07:59 PM

Originally posted by ultimate lurker
let's look at doing something toward the end of this month/beginning of next.
UL
I'd be interested in Feb 8th or 9th.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by fperra
Well, I think I will install the headers tomorrow, as the weather is goiung to be beautiful in Dallas. I currently have the car up on ramps and from inspecting under the hood and under the car, it doesn't look like a difficult job. Some prior posts have stated that the headers must be installed brom under the car. However, it looks to me that it would be an easier job through the hood. Do any of you have any experience you can share with me. I'd like some suggestions before I get started.
It has to be done from underneath. Just can't happen from our experience and it looks like the motor mount will need to be removed and reinstalled as well.

Duc
Old 01-18-2003, 08:20 PM

If you want to make your life a little easier, the motor mount needs to come off. I saw the install today at Duc's recommended shop and it looked like a headache and half. I've done a header install on my old integra before and without the right tools or environment, this looks like a pain in the a** but the mechanic took his time and did a great job! Overall, it took about what seemed to be 1.5 to 2 hours.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AHHVTEC
[B]

It has to be done from underneath.
Old 01-18-2003, 08:23 PM

Originally posted by SEVNT4
If you want to make your life a little easier, the motor mount needs to come off. I saw the install today at Duc's recommended shop and it looked like a headache and half. I've done a header install on my old integra before and without the right tools or environment, this looks like a pain in the a** but the mechanic took his time and did a great job! Overall, it took about what seemed to be 1.5 to 2 hours.

Yes for sure and it looked like there were 6 other Ss' there today.

Duc
Old 01-18-2003, 08:45 PM

[B]

It has to be done from underneath.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:07 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Prolene
[B] I did that with mine but still realized I still needed to keep the engine to the left.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:35 AM

[B]

Holy cow Al, that doesn't hurt anything?
Old 01-19-2003, 03:16 PM

Well, it took 3 and 1/2 hours, but the headers are installed. Thanks Proleen for the suggestion of using the accordian jack to get the extra clearance to remove the stock headers. It works like a charm. Also, using this technique, the Mugen headers went in from the hood side. For the fun of it, I weighed both headers - the stock weigh 20 lbs. and the Mugen weigh 14 lbs. There is also about 1 lb. of extra heat shield on the stock, so the weight savings is about 7 pounds. The car definitly feels more responsive from the midrange to top end. I'll be dynoing in two weeks so we will see. Thanks again to everyone who responded to my original post.

Quick Reply: MUGEN hEADERS