S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Motor-Clutch-Vtec..!

Old 11-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor-Clutch-Vtec..!

i bought a 2007 Honda s2000 and everything was fine until recently. my motor clicking, i get a real bad burnt smell from under the motor, and now my vtec dosn't have the kick that it does when you reach 6500 or is it 6800 rpm. when i brought it in for the clicking and burnt smell, the sevice writer said that the tech said the burnt smell is the clutch and the clicking is the injector. it was on the weekend and they can't call the warranty people to see if they approve of the replacement.so i brought it into anotehr dealer and they checked it out and they said everything is fine. and i asked them if the clutch is fine because it smelled really really burnt when i first brought it in.i don't race or anything so i'm kinda concern. so i brought the car to another dealer and they said it was fine.i brought it home and the next day i notice the vtec don't kick in anymore, and my motor don't have that clicking sound anymore but sounds like a rattling sound while clicking not as loud as before. and i can hear some kind of rattle from the motor also. and when i give it a little bit of gas on idle i hear a click from the vtec and then the rpm goes up. i never had this lagg before. and now evertime i accelerate i felt the jerk and then the car accelerate. IF ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING PLEASE REPLY....THANK YOU....what can i do....can i claim this as a defected car..?...i brought the car in to get it checked several times and everytime a new sound or a problem occurred....and i think that it started with the clutch smelling burnt....[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7]
Old 11-14-2007, 11:49 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Really not sure what to tell you. The car is new, and is covered under warranty. Keep on fighting the dealer until they decide to start looking further into this, or they start to replace some stuff. Do you have a 'check engine light'?

edit: Also, make sure you have no leaks underneath the car. My 06 started a rear tranny seal leak at 2k miles. It sprayed everywhere, and when parts were hot enough, it would leave a 'burning' smell. Also check for stuff burned/stuck to the catalytic converter.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 PM

it has 13000 miles on it....and i can;t see any leak. when i first brought it in for the really burnt smell from clutch they said it was fine...but i see smoke under my car when i go and stop at stop light...i thought it was my tires...but slip differential should not let me peal out. i just floor the gas i did not launch it....so i brought it in and they said it was fine...they didn't take the clutch apart to check it they just test drive it. i dont know what they do. but the service writer said that the claim for a new clutch takes a long time and it would require time...i said fine ok...and they said it would cost 14000 for a stock clutch..i tell them it under warranty and it should be free of charge...he said he would ahve to have the honda tech to come down and do all this stuff....i said do it...he said they dont work on weekends and i told them to keep it and open up the clutch and then call warranty people on monday they said that to bring it back...so i just brought it to another dealer....they say the same thing...they can't detect anything wrong...but i feel the car is not the same as before..in performance and the sound of the motor is not normal...first it click, now it rattles and clicking mix together.....i mean i get maintance when needed and my fluid is all checked up and i recently got it service....man this sucks.....i think i'm gonna contact the warranty people myself....
Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 PM

no engine check light...no lighting...but ever since i drove the car for the duration of 13000 miles...it doesn't feel the same after the clutch smell...(the tech said it was normal)....it smoked under my car....and i tell them they try to dodge my claim for a new clutch....i think im gonna bring back to dealer where i bought it...i drop my car off again today and they said the car is done and nothing is wrong....man waht the hell is this shit...this sucks....they said that they didn't take nothing apart from the car and i said to take a look at the clutch and if it's burnt or worn out i want a new one...they didn't say anything....so one more try at the dealer that i bought it from and then i'm gonna make a defected car claim and i'm obligated to get a new one..since no tech can fix the problem......this really sucks....
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM

WTH...y the MY07 has so many problems? even more than those MY00,01 older ones...
Old 11-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 242 Likes on 181 Posts

Quite possibly there really is nothing wrong with your car. Where do you live? Another s2K owner in the area can check it out for you if you don't know much about cars. Very few people actually do, you know. Another owner can tell you if things are normal or not.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by minimebang,Nov 14 2007, 07:10 PM
WTH...y the MY07 has so many problems? even more than those MY00,01 older ones...
Actually, its due to the fact that they are brand new/rolling off the factory line. MY00&01's definitley had their own issue's when they were brand new.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 PM

hey "always-learning" can you please break apart your sentences and paragraphs instead of putting them all together. it really makes it hard to read and keep up with the story and will turn away some people that may be able to help...

now to the problems, i would take it back to the dealership that said you had an issue and have them look at the car again. good luck!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An incompetent driver can easily burn out a clutch in less than a year...
Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 AM

i take good care of the car and trust me i'm paying for my car and schooling at the same time...i wouldn ot want something to go wrong with my car.but yeah i live in the inland empire..riverside, near the galeria mall or so called Tyler Mall....if there are any s2k owner in the area or clubs i would like to get in touch and join in the events...that be nice...then i can learn more about the car....and really fully understand the s2k world....im always open minded and wiling to learn....i know the s2k but not to a point like how others do....Thanks...i got my s2k back and it drives fine....but i'm just curious about the burnt smell that one day when i got home from work.....everything seems fine now...but i would like to get an input of others....