S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

The motor is built now to address fuel issues

Old 12-10-2003, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The motor is built now to address fuel issues

I got my s2000 motor built for my UR turbo kit. Im trying to figure out all the fuel parts i need. Is an aftermarket fuel rail necessary or can i just get by with my stock fuel rail? Who makes aftermarket fuel rails for the s2000? i researched and found that STR was making one and i think they have a prototype out but dont know when they'll go into production. a shop here wants to custom machine my fuel rail if i cant find an aftermarket rail.

also with injectors, i ran a couple of searches but i cant decide what to do. since im still using the greddy emanage what size injectors should i be looking for? i have the 440cc injectors that came with the UR kit but i wanna go a little bigger.

for the fuel pump i think im going to go with a walbro 255lph high pressure and the AEM FPR since its cheaper than the SX performance reg that the shop estimated me for.

just wanted to get some inputs from the turbo guys or whoever.. thanks
sam
Old 12-10-2003, 09:01 PM

I don't believe that an aftermarket fuel rail is really necessary. I have plenty of friends using stock rails on their B-series motors and making 350-500 whp! As for injectors, I'm not very familiar with the e-manage. I would just becarful not to go too big because that particular fuel managment unit may not be able to trim so much fuel out during tuning. You fuel pump desicion is good . As for the fuel pressure regulator; from personal experience I have had the diaphagm of the AEM blow appart under boost. I went through 2 of them and was only running 10 pounds of boost.

Also, I think after 550cc you can't get saturated injectors. I'm not positive on this. If you do have to go to peak and hold, a resistor box will need to be wired into the injector harness.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:27 PM

what do you recommend for a good FPR?
Old 12-11-2003, 03:10 PM

The Aeromotive FPR is a great unit. It's externally mounted so you will need to get some AN fittings to make it work properly. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:42 PM

The aeromotive FPR have some history of over heating problem. I know it sounds corny but alot of supra guys who used it went lean and blew some motors due to the fpr couldn't control the open and close under severe constant races.
If you want a good FPR, I used the SX on my car. It worked fine still after two years of abuse. The AEM supposely changed the way they made the FPR, the diaphrame problem is fixed. I have nothing against Aeromotive. In fact I am using their A1000 external fuel pump.
Fuel is really not a necessity unless you are making some serious horsepower. I got a STR piece in my Hatch only because I was testing their products a long time ago. The only real benefit I see from it is I can hook up my Greddy fuel pressure sensor on the rail since it's pretabbed.
The Emanage may not handle injectors over 550cc But I was told by greddy techician that it will control 180% of the original size. I calculated it to be close to 750cc or something like that. I wouldn't do it but I did however sucessfully idle and ran great with 550cc on emanage with one of my customer's car.

Here is not a S2000 but how I have done my fuel system in my car.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:11 PM

i spoke to darryl at UR i think someone had problems running 600cc injectors with the emanage.. so i guess i'll stick wiht 550cc?
Old 12-11-2003, 09:55 PM

If you are not using any sort of rising rate FMU like the Vortech ones, even 550cc injectors quickly max out before 400HP. But then, I'm not a big fan of the high fuel pressure turbocharging.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:27 AM

has anyone tried using the extra sub injectors on the emanage? if i were to use this feature on my car what would i need to get done? i already have the optional injector harness.

"With the use of our 'Optional Injector Harness' and the software, the unit has the ability to control an additional 16x16 Injector duty cycle Map and the Controls for adding up to 2 Addional Sub-injectors"
Old 12-13-2003, 08:50 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hybrid
If you are not using any sort of rising rate FMU like the Vortech ones,
Old 12-14-2003, 07:34 AM

What HP are you going for? If not more than 300 RWHP, 440 injectors are fine. Also, the stock fuel pump is fine.

Quick Reply: The motor is built now to address fuel issues