S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Motive Brake Bleeder

Old 04-29-2022, 02:34 PM

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by engifineer
I like the motive for flushing and for when I dont have another person. Super easy and quick. Hooking it up is the same effort as putting on the master cylinder cap. I keep it set up with the Honda adaptor since the S2k gets many more brake fluid changes and brake bleeds than my other cars which do not see track time. I used this adaptor for mine

https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Tools-703.../dp/B01MYXAXS5
I found that this adapter is super tight when screwing it onto the master cylinder. So tight, in fact, that I was afraid that it would damage the master cylinder.

As such, I don't recommend this product for use on our S2000s.
Old 04-30-2022, 12:38 PM

Received 1,445 Likes on 1,085 Posts

Originally Posted by Stook_Driver
I found that this adapter is super tight when screwing it onto the master cylinder. So tight, in fact, that I was afraid that it would damage the master cylinder.

As such, I don't recommend this product for use on our S2000s.
Fits perfectly on mine, no issues. Have used it a few times now to flush mine and it goes on and off pretty easily. Maybe you got one that was out of spec or had something out of tolerance on it?
Old 05-13-2022, 01:55 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 107 Likes on 67 Posts

https://www.speedibleed.com/k900b-ho...eeder-kit.html

Just ordered this, and am now wondering if I should have gotten the Motive one with the manual pump?

Anyone have experience with this type that pressurizes after being hooked up to the tire?
Old 05-13-2022, 03:25 AM

Received 646 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Guide
https://www.speedibleed.com/k900b-ho...eeder-kit.html

Just ordered this, and am now wondering if I should have gotten the Motive one with the manual pump?

Anyone have experience with this type that pressurizes after being hooked up to the tire?
That actually looks pretty sweet. Had I seen/known about that before getting the Motive, I probably would have. I like the Honda specific cap that actually twists on to the reservoir vs the Motive cap that seals with a rubber "cork" and tightening a chain around the assembly.....Just the cap alone is worth it. Using the tire pressure seems like a pretty novel idea. Curious to know how this works out!
Old 05-13-2022, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Kyle
That actually looks pretty sweet. Had I seen/known about that before getting the Motive, I probably would have. I like the Honda specific cap that actually twists on to the reservoir vs the Motive cap that seals with a rubber "cork" and tightening a chain around the assembly.....Just the cap alone is worth it. Using the tire pressure seems like a pretty novel idea. Curious to know how this works out!
A friend got one of these. Not sure if he has tried it yet but will have to ask him.

As for the motive, the cap I mentioned screws on just like the factory cap on the reservoir. No chain/universal thing for me.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:28 AM

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Do you guys use the Motive 0101 (universal) to bleed the clutch master cylinder as well?
Old 05-13-2022, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by randomwalk101
Do you guys use the Motive 0101 (universal) to bleed the clutch master cylinder as well?
I haven't tried it. I just bled my clutch last time I needed to the regular old way.
The following users liked this post:
windhund116 (07-14-2022)
Old 07-14-2022, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For these style power bleeders, do you just leave the brake fluid in the after? Or do you clean it out with soap and water?

Do you put the leftover brake fluid back into the original bottle? I'm using Castrol SRF which costs an arm and a leg so I don't want to waste or contaminate any of it.
Old 07-14-2022, 08:13 AM

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I clean mine with soap, water and a few squirts from the hose. Then I leave it to naturally dry with the top off. It'll be ready for next use that way.
Old 12-17-2022, 04:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by spitfirezip100
For these style power bleeders, do you just leave the brake fluid in the after? Or do you clean it out with soap and water?

Do you put the leftover brake fluid back into the original bottle? I'm using Castrol SRF which costs an arm and a leg so I don't want to waste or contaminate any of it.
Once the fluid is unsealed it starts absorbing moisture from the air. I read an awesome paper written by a chemical engineer that better describes how, but essentially, it starts degrading as soon as it’s opened. That’s my kindergarten version of the explanation, since I’m a simple man, but - not worth saving.

Quick Reply: Motive Brake Bleeder