S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

More HP, What I Need, does this work?>

Old 10-12-2010, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Sideways,Oct 11 2010, 08:05 PM] The car is well engineered from
Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well I may be looking at getting a turbo charger. I don't want to go with a pro-charger, or super charger.

So questions associated with a turbo.

- I want 320-350 WHP max. I want a smallish turbo that will spool pretty fast, but also not be to exhausted at WOT.

-Also to lower the compression of the motor would a 3mm head gasket be advisable?

- Why does everyone use a remote oil filter, does ti get in the way of the turbocharger.

- What tuning would need to be done on the car? What type of ECU would be the best choice for me.

- Size injectors would be used. I know when i did some supra it was a 1:1 ratio every HP was 1cc of fuel.

- Should I create a kit? I like that idea more than spending a shit ton on a kit?
Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you stay NA, do a Berk high flow cat and a Skunk2 Megapower exhaust + gears. You'll feel it, no doubt. Buy the exhaust parts used to save $$; you can resell it all later. You'll probably want earplugs though.

No, don't do a head gasket. People seem to blow the aftermarket ones regularly, and they aren't needed unless you build something crazy.

Some turbo kits require relocating something because there's just not much room. If they relocate the oil filter, it's because the turbo or piping needed to fit there instead.

There are plenty of ECU opinions floating around, but they all seem to work OK. Some can/can't be used with some S2000 model years though.

Creating a kit is a great way to go if you know enough to do it. If not, there are several good alternatives.

If you value reliability most, go with a supercharger. If you want to add gobs of power below VTEC or make monster power at high rpm, turbos do both better. If you want the cheapest solution, buy a used kit - but make sure you know its history and trust the seller.

For what you want, a Greddy kit with a GT3076R upgrade sounds about right.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed,Oct 13 2010, 03:01 PM
If you stay NA, do a Berk high flow cat and a Skunk2 Megapower exhaust + gears. You'll feel it, no doubt. Buy the exhaust parts used to save $$; you can resell it all later. You'll probably want earplugs though.

No, don't do a head gasket. People seem to blow the aftermarket ones regularly, and they aren't needed unless you build something crazy.

Some turbo kits require relocating something because there's just not much room. If they relocate the oil filter, it's because the turbo or piping needed to fit there instead.

There are plenty of ECU opinions floating around, but they all seem to work OK. Some can/can't be used with some S2000 model years though.

Creating a kit is a great way to go if you know enough to do it. If not, there are several good alternatives.

If you value reliability most, go with a supercharger. If you want to add gobs of power below VTEC or make monster power at high rpm, turbos do both better. If you want the cheapest solution, buy a used kit - but make sure you know its history and trust the seller.

For what you want, a Greddy kit with a GT3076R upgrade sounds about right.
I know all the parts I need for a turbo kit that is for sure. Iv built two Supras now both 1jz-gte's but they were fun. It's time to change gears and go with a S2000 since I love the car.

I am shooting for 300 WHP to 350 WHp. A stock HG will be fine you say? Should I at least do arp head studs?

I wish I knew a little more about S2000's and their engines, I did the Ap2 retainers already and a cltuch so i know my way around the motor, I just do not want to blow it up!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:37 PM

From
“I would like to get about 25 HP - and 8-18 ft-lbs of tq.”

To
“Well I may be looking at getting a turbo charger. I don't want to go with a pro-charger, or super charger.
- I want 320-350 WHP max. I want a smallish turbo that will spool pretty fast, but also not be to exhausted at WOT.
-Also to lower the compression of the motor would a 3mm head gasket be advisable?
- Why does everyone use a remote oil filter, does ti get in the way of the turbocharger.
- What tuning would need to be done on the car? What type of ECU would be the best choice for me.
- Size injectors would be used. I know when i did some supra it was a 1:1 ratio every HP was 1cc of fuel.
- Should I create a kit? I like that idea more than spending a shit ton on a kit?

To
“I am shooting for 300 WHP to 350 WHP. I wish I knew a little more about S2000's and their engines, I did the Ap2 retainers already and a cltuch so i know my way around the motor, I just do not want to blow it up!

After all the quality advice has been given???

Good Luck with you indecisiveness.

Old 10-13-2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by PWRMKR,Oct 13 2010, 08:37 PM

From
“I would like to get about 25 HP - and 8-18 ft-lbs of tq.”

To
“Well I may be looking at getting a turbo charger. I don't want to go with a pro-charger, or super charger.

To
“I am shooting for 300 WHP to 350 WHP. I wish I knew a little more about S2000's and their engines, I did the Ap2 retainers already and a cltuch so i know my way around the motor, I just do not want to blow it up!

After all the quality advice has been given???

Good Luck with you indecisiveness.

Well, I took what I was given and rolled it into, you will not get much power going N/A and the money spent going N/A will be more with less power. The best bet is to add soem real power which will give me a easy 100 hp and 60 + ft. lbs. of tq.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:58 PM

Member (Premium)

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbond413,Oct 12 2010, 06:22 AM
Try design craft fab's electronic cam system. It seems promising if you don't want to go FI. You can read the making of it
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=712492&st=0

and here's the group buy
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=807429
dude that is adding I-vtec to a car that is not equipped with it. nothing is electronic, just a couple of sensors and a k series cam + cam gear that is adjustable...?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:39 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Going off your original post...are you looking to go faster on the dragon?
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Billman250
Going off your original post...are you looking to go faster off the dragon?
Fixed

Originally Posted by 2ndTimeAround
Lightweight wheels and tires removes about 35-40 lbs.
Any specific combination you're referring to that sheds this much weight? I've always seen at best 4-5 lbs per wheel shaved off (and then sometimes put back on from wider tires).
Old 10-14-2010, 05:14 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Don't be so quick to go boost if you want to run the dragon faster. Boosted cars lack throttle response. Ask anyone who runs a track with boost, it sucks. And I'm talking GOOD track drivers.

Quick Reply: More HP, What I Need, does this work?>