S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Mods Without Violating My Warranty

Old 06-13-2003, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your arguments are more along the lines of conjecture and you are only repeating your previous points without any new and relevant support.

Argue this: when/if dealerships denies a repairs, say for your example, when a head gasket blows because their belief is that the CAI was either directly or indirectly responsible for it, what do you (the owner) do ? You argue and dispute... you know what that means, right ? That means you (again, the owner of the car) initiated a path to prove... and that you are the one carrying the burden of proving one way or the other... ( I am sure that you must have read the hundreds of posts out there that are about owners who try to escalate issues with DSM and such...)... And what the law explicity and implicity say are two different things... and beside the fact that much interpretation can be had with the law, and that warranties are all written with about a million loopholes, the fact remains that dealerships can and do deny warranty work and claims for a host of reasons and conditions... Add to this that enforcement for this law is couched by a stack of individual state-warranty laws and policies (which do differ from state to state) that muddy up the lines of protection and interpretation...
Old 06-14-2003, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by sfphinkterMC
i've had clutch done and cat converter all done under warranty, and had lightflywheel and 4 puck clutch and test pipe substituted under this "warranty work" all while having a supercharger and other mods which i freely demonstrated to everyone at the dealership. i have brand new cat that i can replace when i need to smog and new OEM clutch that i have since used and destroyed. i've had 3 lamda(O2) sensors replaced under warranty. all these could of been denied(and are related to supercharger) but i cultivated a good repoire and got it done. They went to bat for me cause i'm cool and was patient...and i tip well.

They look for warranty work, if the service writer doesn't write enough they get let go. Right before my warranty expired for miles, my new service writer looked over car to find anything to do and offered to replace my rear window plastic....yes i had it done for free at 35,000 miles....at their suggstion...i didn't even care!!!!

you'll all be worm food sooner or later, not modifying your car when you want to because of warranty fears is not a manly way to live..........MOD NOW!!!!!!or forever be a pussy!
I would like to know your dealer