S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Mg Racing Sc?

Old 04-08-2002, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you using the same blower as the distinto? The distinto doesn't seem to be putting up that great of numbers
Old 04-08-2002, 09:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JDMwhore
[B]are you using the same blower as the distinto?
Old 04-08-2002, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have an ETA on the SC ? sometime before summer? mid summer? fall??

cause i would love to go to Atlanta to take a peak....
Old 04-08-2002, 07:24 PM

Is it out yet

I would love to fly down to Atlanta and check it out to
Old 04-08-2002, 10:50 PM

i will be bolting my comptech blower in front of tim's blower.....i'm serious!!! i'll be posting pics of the huge ensuing fireball shortly after,.....hopefully not before dyno numbers......anyone willing to hazard a theoretical wild ass guess to what flywheel hp
we would be talking about.

btw; the installer of my S/C has done this (centrif into a roots) on a different type vehicle like mine (yes a FORD with a pickup bed)........a crew named....PAXTON! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Old 04-09-2002, 05:38 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dkhl
[B]do you have an ETA on the SC ?
Old 04-09-2002, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by sfphinkterMC
i will be bolting my comptech blower in front of tim's blower.....i'm serious!!! i'll be posting pics of the huge ensuing fireball shortly after,.....hopefully not before dyno numbers......anyone willing to hazard a theoretical wild ass guess to what flywheel hp
we would be talking about.

btw; the installer of my S/C has done this (centrif into a roots) on a different type vehicle like mine (yes a FORD with a pickup bed)........a crew named....PAXTON! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
So you'll have the drag from your centrifugal sc slowing you down at low rpms and the bigger drag of the roots blower slowing you down at high rpms??? This sounds like a terrible idea. As long as you have the amount of boost you want going into the engine (which either blower will supply), having two blowers will only create excess heat and drag on the motor (excess weight also). The reason a roots blower is bad for high rpms is because they create too much drag. The reason a centrifugal blower is bad for low rpms is because its boost curve is in a linear relation to engine rpms. Pick what you want - top end or low end. If you use both blowers you'll get neither.
Old 04-09-2002, 02:58 PM

u can put that back in your crack pipe and smoke it. don't take yourself so seriously....your hemorrhoids will get worse. what u say is true in theory, but like almost all mods, u are looking for net gain.....go take a look at a comptech S/C DYNO VS STOCK NA.....ITS GOT BETTER NUMBERS EVERYWHERE.. from idle to 9k...huh. of course there are parasitic losses... what are u ,the crack smoking sir isaac newton. u build it to get net gain. ....in it is just the opposite , they each complement the inherent drawbacks of each....as long as it is designed appropriately and not ridiculously mismatched for the application. i was only kidding revdum, but as i referred to earlier, centrifigul FI in front of a f150 lightning with stock positive displacement roots style blower is done and equals huge power. sure its probably not feasible in the f20c due to its inherant high state of tune and displacement.....but guess what...i don't care.......btw ,get some real horsepower and u will be less cranky.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of Diesel boats use twin turbo's inline with a big blower, I dont see how different airflow would be from those two SC's besides a really wacky pulley, or long ass belt . . .

hehe like the great RT . . . "Its all about trade offs baby" LOL
Old 04-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Ray

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sfphinkterMC
[B]u can put that back in your crack pipe and smoke it. don't take yourself so seriously....your hemorrhoids will get worse.

Quick Reply: Mg Racing Sc?