S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

MES service connector (SRS light)

Old 09-23-2011, 07:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The light was already on . I also found the drivers seat belt connector disconnected. He obviously was trying to hide or delay me finding the problem. He's a member on here. Shame everyone seems so cool and helpful. Although I did buy it I should have looked more into it
Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 AM

man F**k this guy. Found this....

Name:  Photo0211.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  45.0 KB

Which led to finding this. Or lack thereof

Name:  Photo0213.jpg
Views: 661
Size:  64.4 KB
Old 09-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that's shady, hope you got a good deal on it.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android ftw
Old 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
Wow that's shady, hope you got a good deal on it.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android ftw
Considering the parts its a maybe, over all absolutely not. Im pissed. Also doing clutch master cylinder today. I should have checked it over better, his FS thread made it sound like a dream and claimed everyone in top down vouged for him. Im too trusting of people, only because im an honest person and seller myself and i expect other people to be the same. I learned my lesson
Old 09-23-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by SDgoods
Being new to the S I have to ask what I'm missing here in the 2nd pic other than there's no airbag in the dash?
Old 09-23-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,677 Posts

man that sucks, you should be able to pick up a used part on these forums and minimize your expenses on this. Makes you wonder why it was in that condition, hope the car wasn't in a serious accident. BArring that you should be able to put it back together for relatively low cost if you can locate some good used parts. Good luck with the project.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:07 PM

^^ the airbag and cover are missing, not sure what your talking about.

Originally Posted by JFUSION
man that sucks, you should be able to pick up a used part on these forums and minimize your expenses on this. Makes you wonder why it was in that condition, hope the car wasn't in a serious accident. BArring that you should be able to put it back together for relatively low cost if you can locate some good used parts. Good luck with the project.
Ya i really hope not. The vin checked ok for accident and theft, and considering the fact that it has a carbon amuse bumper, carbon fenders, and carbon hood make me a little scared. Were these replaced because of an accident or sake of modding? Other then the steering wheel a little off center, it drives amazing and drives straight down the road. I talked to some guys from TOPDOWN that knew him and they vouged for him being honest and taking care of the car, yet thats clearly not the case here.

I think im going to source some parts from a junk yard and see what condition and pricing they would give me. Definetely very frustrated, but a lot of the car is in good condition and i love driving it!
Old 09-23-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by SDgoods
Right. It's obvious the air bag is missing, I said that =). But... I didnt suggest a cover was missing b/c on all airbags I've dealt with, the cover is part of the airbag. So, is the cover separate from the bag in the S? Otherwise I'm confused as to how you could possibly missed a massive hole in the dash (which I know isn't the case).
Old 09-23-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by F1 blue
Originally Posted by SDgoods' timestamp='1316826426' post='21001011
Right. It's obvious the air bag is missing, I said that. I didnt suggest a cover was missing b/c on all airbags I've dealt with, the cover is part of the airbag. So, is the cover separate from the bag in the S? Otherwise I'm confused as to how you could possibly missed a massive hole in the dash.
If im not mistaken the cover and airbag are separate. I obviously didnt buy the car with the huge hole in the dash.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:04 AM

What do you guys think about an airbag/clutch master cylinder for 375 from a junkyard s2000? brand new airbags are like a $1000

Quick Reply: MES service connector (SRS light)