S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Major S2000 mechanical revision

Old 10-30-2018, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey! Sorry I haven't had much time to come back here to catch up.
The previous owner had to buy an engine because the owner before him used to rev the car in the autobahn etc and blew it up. Other than that, this guy from who I purchased the car has taken good care of it and used to do his maintenance on a sports workshop (quite irrelevant anyway). I don't really know much else from the car's history or usage apart from that. So that's why since I have the car for 5 years now I wanted to do a big overview of it and replace these often degrading parts without overcomplicating. It's not like the car is giving me trouble but I sense it is aging. Like s2000junky said, it might just be OCD xD but it's itching.

By the way, do you guys know about prices for a Genuine Honda Valve Steam Seal Kit?
I don't know wether Tegiwa or h-tune are trustworthy for selling real OEM parts or just chinese parts with the oem label on them, so any light shed on this matter would be very helpful. I've ordered an oem red honda badge from Tegiwa and having looked at its finish it really does look to be OEM but there have been a few frauds regarding these badges on other stores, which look almost the same but have a few bugs on it (like the fake chrome finish and messy red painting curves).

The reason for asking this, is that I found the same kit selling for 134 british pounds in a store where I usually order my stuff for the car, which is about 100 pounds off from the same item in Tegiwa shop and H-Tune.
So far the prices of all the other items aren't much difference from the other stores, except for this kit. Any comments on this?
Old 10-30-2018, 12:06 PM

Received 451 Likes on 378 Posts

I would say that both Tegiwa and H-tune are trustworthy.
OEM parts differ incredibly much just from different markets of the world, some shops might get from other sources which can bring down the prices a lot.
Other than that I'm with Junky and most of the others posters in this thread, changing all these parts you are talking about just because a feeling seems a bit foolish.
Chances to mess perfectly working things up are very real, but I guess if you trust your mechanic 100% it's not an issue for you