S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Major Problems after solving many others HELP! Won't Start

Old 01-24-2013, 06:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danimal
i came back trying to delete my entire thread/topic but i can't then i was gonna delete my last rant but someone already commented on it... so let me say..

I'm sorry for being emotional and racist and whatever else i'm doing.. my life sux right now and i'm weak vulnerable and a pussy in some capacity.. i've never been in a all out brawl and i really on my abilty to flea the scene to save face.

I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry please ignore me i'm going thru a bad time.
You made no racist comments. People are hyper sensitive to the point where you cant say anything anymore. People have fed into the media's narrative that if you criticize anything or anyone that's non-white you are a racist, no matter what. Makes me laugh and want to question those things more, which I do..

Do what I do, say all those " racist " things that aren't racist, and when you are called out on it stand your ground. Don't care much what people think of you because when it all comes down to it most peoples opinions rarely matter.

As for the car... so sad man you should have to go through all this crap. I know NY has a lemon law that prevents this from happening to people..
Old 01-24-2013, 08:09 AM

good luck dude, hope it gets fixed and diagnosed the right way
Old 01-24-2013, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone! I will keep you all in the know as soon as I hear something you'll hear it too! And hopefully this is the final chapter in this year + long misfire backfire crazy idle loss of performance some weeks fine next week stalling done everything from fuel pump to several sets of coil packs and various sensors and cats... NO one ever told me maybe its your timing chain or tensioner or guides!! Damn!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM

UPDATE! The cause of the timing being skipped/jumped was identified. One of the Cam's sprokets was damaged. The shop owner/manager informed me today that the sproket failed, and the bolts/nuts/ washers that secure it to the camshaft were dented sheered and or cracked - broken up and they are leaning towards low oil / lack of oil as to the cause of the damage. So theyve ordered a new sproket, and once that and the timing chain tensioner and oil chain and all the guides have been replaced they are very sure that this will make the engine new again. I am still hoping and they are still indicating that there is a good chance that no valves were damaged as a result of these failures and conditions. The main reason for this hopeful attitude is that these failures which caused the non-start and last 'stalling' of this engine occured at idle, low RPM, no load, engine warm and only once. Also the car did have sufficient oil during this failure, and for most of the last 100,000 miles. Only once or twice did it ever reach significant low levels. Never to the point of oil warning or check engine lights being enabled. So.. sometime this week likely I will be informing this forum of my delight as the repair is done, affordably and the S2K is back to NEW and I'm Happy and driving and more vigilant to leaks and service maintenence schedules. Thanks for your thoughts, suggestions, advice, and prayers my fellow enthusiasts. May the Power of Dreams the power of Honda continue to be in the hands of a few.. ok i stole that from Saleen. power in the hands of a few.. but the Dreams is Honda MORE TO COME.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:53 PM

Usually the cause of starvation of the head is caused by the CAM Wheel bolt being lose and starving the engine of oil. Double check that, because if the cam wheel bolt is lose it will cause the same kind of engine damage again. If the engine was actually run low on oil the first things to get damaged are the rod bearing. have em double check the cam wheel bolt. Scroll down read and look at the screenshots, hope it helps.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/976...g-valve-cover/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/918...ophic-failure/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/989...-done-options/

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/936...ightening-diy/
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

I would strongly recommend also a camwheel bolt inspection.

If you have a circular mark inside the valve cover, and sheared sprocket bolts, that means the entire engine suffered a pressure loss and the bottom end is likely trashed.

Inspect the bottom end first. Check the crankshaft end play, before you waste money putting chain guides and sprocket in an engine that is no good.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:28 AM

I discussed all the ideas/ recommendations and info you all have posted recently after reading the 4 awesome and well explained prior threads you guys suggested with the similar problems. I also voiced my concerns about how the last mechanic acted after I drove my car away running like crap and so on to see if the NEW Current mechanic had any indication that the problems might be related to poor or negligant work done prior and this is his response: No indication that this was caused by the prior work. Not caused by loose bolts or sheared bolts/ mistorqued bolts etc etc. Nothing was loose, nothing was falling off, and nothing has or was missing teeth or metal. No metal has been found in the engine in the oil in the oil pan. There is only evidence of low oil levels that have caused the cam sproket to become dry. It's still all there, nothing broke off or cracked .. just worn more than normal. And that he doesn't suspect bottom end or valve damage and doesn't feel it's most cost effective to open up all those areas to seek possible damage until or after he gets the Timing chain and timing chain tentioner and guides replaced so he can TURN over the engine... If at that time the engine does not turn over, he will suspect and or inquire if i authorize tear down of the engine to find that damage. But if the engine turns over after this work, the engine is fixed and we saved that time/ money. I feel like he is being very honest and much more helpful and trustworthy and knowledgeable than the last mechanic and he is definately *entire shop many more dozens of years HONDA dealership experienced and certified than last shop. Last shop only worked on domestic and was good old boy old time shop don't give a crap about imports or young whipper snappers... So I'm gonna trust them, and I think I'll be ok, and I appreciate all the advice thus far, but I don't think I will try to argue with them about checking the bottom end or other things anymore until they finish what they have set out to finish.. They do promise that if it doesn't fix it I don't pay. So how can I lose? So more as it develops... likely be late this week early next week before final findings.

Gosh why can't we all just start driving T-ZERO's or any ALL ELECTRIC all torque a zero RPMs sports cars.. NO complicated freakin' internal comBUSTion engines and million moving cams spacely Sprockets and Caswell Cogs to jam cram bam wham slam loose goose juice dry crap snap break crap! Just simple electric motor, when it's dead it's dead.. Man i'm starting to hate this sports car lifestyle I have been riding on for 18+ years.. From Mustang Cobras to Miatas to Accords to Explorers to Focus's to Volvos to S2000s... it's a loss no matter what.. Not an investment.. It's fun, it's cool, it's blood and adrenaline pumping, but it's darn expensive.. Give me a scooter.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:15 PM

Keep us posted..
Old 01-30-2013, 03:07 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by danimal
bolts/nuts/ washers that secure it to the camshaft were dented sheered and or cracked - broken up and they are leaning towards low oil / lack of oil as to the cause of the damage.
Low oil will not cause this. Even if you drive the car at 155mph, and drop the drain plug and lose all the oil at that speed until the engine fries and locks up, you will not see any sprocket damage.

These are the FACTS of the F20C. Low oil did not cause this, I can promise you that. Something else caused it and I'd pray that they find it.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:32 PM

Ok, I trust you guys and I will keep you informed. Keep in I lost some info or accuracy between the mechanics and this thread just cause that's what humans do when going off memory. Whatever the final remaining repair is this or something else, I am at the mercy of God.

Quick Reply: Major Problems after solving many others HELP! Won't Start