S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Major Problems after solving many others HELP! Won't Start

Old 01-15-2013, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look for a new competent mechanic and get everything diagnosed properly and not just throw money at it
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will look for a good mechanic! Any suggestions for the DFW prefferably PLANO or NORTH DALLAS area?

Lastly.. it is and somewhat is NOT a trooper of a S2K.... because although it's "still" well kinda running at 197,000 remember I replaced the ENTIRE engine at 79 or 89K after oil starvation hitting VTEC at 8000 RPM in 3rd or 4th gear while the engine "THOUGHT" it was warm enough, and it was warm from a shortly earlier drive and break... but not warm enough... I believe it had 3 Bars.. but alas instant engine seizure... the most expensive and disgusting and painful grinding of metal I've ever personally witnessed and caused... and mega plumes of steam and smoke from the entire front of the car and instant 5 quarts of oil street stain in mere seconds... valve or rod or something thru the block thru the oil pan out the bottom of the bay.

and the transmission and differential all been replaced or rebuilt at least 4 times each... so trooper not really.. Japanese small penis transmission and differential driven like one of my last 5 mustang cobras equals embarrassment, pain, and debt.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:47 AM

Sounds like you abuse your car a bit too much.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Obviously you don't know how to drive the car properly...
Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM

Thing is, after $7500 bucks spent you could have had a new F20C in the car and the car diagnosed correctly with a few thousand left to spare. I too learned the hard way on a few things when it comes to cheap parts, but you went a bit overboard in my opinion by throwing thousands at these issues. This does not mean you need to pull your man card from the forum, we live we learn.

Get the car diagnosed by someone who knows what they are doing, preferably someone in your area on this forum. Avoid the dealer and most local mechanics like the plague..
Old 01-17-2013, 06:01 AM

Stop.

Just stop.

Buy yourself an econo beater and stop ruining sports car. This problem as you admitted is 100% your own. Based upon the negligence that you have stated here we can only assume the previous engine blowing was your own doing as well.

If you knew there was a leak and decided not to fix it, after already blowing up your previous motor, not to mentiong 3-4 trans/diffs. You do NOT take care of your belongings at all.

Lets also not forget how you are very quick to blame/name call and even become borderline racist (Japanese comment) to justify how you feel about your own laziness. This is why you cant have nice things.

In my opinion this whole thread never needed to be created. You just wanted a place to vent, point blame, and help you sleep at night knowing you ruined your car over and over again. I only feel sorry for your car, i have 0 condolences for you.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:25 AM

I am offended by those that claim I am to blame for all these problems and the engine failures and saying I'm racist. I in no way post any of this thread for venting or sleeping assistance. I have a bunch of other parts to the story that i'm now going to try to brief upon to help my reputation although I don't really give a f@#k what you think of me. It's not like I am judging you... and I apologize for the 'racist' japanese comments....

I was merely repeating what i've been told a dozen times by good mechanics and when you think about it it makes sense. Honda doesn't make V8 Huge engines that necessarily require super heavy large 9" diffs like Mustangs have had forever. So I'll accept at least 50% of the blame for most of the failures.

But how can I put this. I bought the car used with over 28,000 on it. I found out just after i signed the papers that the original owner had taken it to the track very often.. and modified many things.. but put most of it back to stock before trading it in. He traded it in because he was about to Turbo the motor and his wife was against it for safety and engine failure potential. You see he was smart to buy it new, do as he wanted and traded it before the factory warranty ended. Within the first few weeks I began the hell that was living with the fruits of a car that had been beat on for years .. so I eventually was cancelled by HONDA ext. warranty because the car was experiencing "DRIVE LINE FAILURE" clutch, then transmission, then differential, and so fourth... they 'likely very accurately' claimed/stated that this is all evidence of a car that is being or has been raced often and therefore is no longer warrantied... Then I got an aftermarket warranty. I always did the oil and basic maintenence on time. The engine blowing the first time was not really my fault.. the car was warm enough to enter VTEC according to the dash, and to the computer and VTEC solenoid doing what they did.
But somehow the engine was not quite warm enough to deliever the necessary Oil pressure and coverage and so somewhere in the high RPMs if i remember correctly the dealer/lead tech stated likely oil starvation/floating a valve/vtec not fully operating as it should have and then instant destruction of the entire block/cylinders etc.

Now the leaky vtec solenoid gasket has probably been an obvious leak only during the last few months.. But Keep in mind I only drive my car once every few days and for only 2-3 miles.. this last year i've only put 4900 miles on it.. the first 6 years i was usually 25-40K miles a year. part of the reason for the delay in leak repair/diagnosis and the slowly replacing things here and there to get it back up to spead has to do with the unfortunate and non of yall's business but I need to defend my undefendable rep to guys i'll never meet nor ever would want to.

the reason I'm quite broke for the recent times in my life.. and that has a lot to do with the economy, and other personal /fiancee/live together not live together etc stuff.. so I'm sorry I'm not sittin pretty with cash to do everything. I love my car.. I've done a lot of good for and to it over the years.. but this was started and posted to get answers for the bad stuff going on .. i left out all the pampering and loving and good stuff cause i'm long winded as is and thats not why i'm here. maybe someday i'll be anle to post nice stuff ..

Please accept my sincere apologizes for being racist, being ranting, being poor, being naive, and mechanicaly challenged. I'm not perfect, i'm not even

you know what. f@#k.. I'm so depressed and rejected and havimg the shittiest uear of my life and my car is about all i have left so please back off.. if i killed myself i'd haunt yall for nailing my coffin.. Jesus. I'm sorry I'm fcking stupid. I appreciate the guys who tried to help me.

I'll go f@#king away in shame and be sure to never forget the uplifting judgmental assuming and uncalled for comments take them to my early grave.

I hope you continue to have such a wonderful life sitting in the seat of judgement brothers.
Old 01-17-2013, 07:42 AM

Folks. It's danimal's car. He can do whatever he pleases with it within the limits of the law. Now, should you want to call him silly for throwing money at the engine for not having it diagnosed properly, fine. But ultimately telling him to stop ruining a sports car is asinine. He wants it to run like it used to, he doesn't want problems. And if he wants to flog the snot out of it, so be it. Honestly, if you have never beaten a car senseless, you aren't a true gear head. It just cannot be one's sole form of transportation.

Doc
Old 01-17-2013, 07:51 AM

i came back trying to delete my entire thread/topic but i can't then i was gonna delete my last rant but someone already commented on it... so let me say..

I'm sorry for being emotional and racist and whatever else i'm doing.. my life sux right now and i'm weak vulnerable and a pussy in some capacity.. i've never been in a all out brawl and i really on my abilty to flea the scene to save face.

I'm sorry i'm sorry i'm sorry please ignore me i'm going thru a bad time.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Jeez....

Quick Reply: Major Problems after solving many others HELP! Won't Start