S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

LSD not working

Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LSD not working

not really sure about this, apparently my LSD is not working because both wheels should spin when one is spun,
how would i go about fixing this, replacing or rebuilding? or is my car meant to only let one wheel spin at the same time.
can someone please help and give me some advice?

Thanks
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try spinning a wheel with the shifter in gear. If your LSD wasn't working, your car wouldn't be driveable
Old 04-11-2013, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you saying you have it up in the air spinning one wheel and only one wheel is spinning? If that's the case, it would only spin one wheel. LS, means limited slip, its not a welded diff.. so one tire will spin while the other doesn't because it requires more force.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got ripped off. Good way to verify is watch alice in wonderland and see if you enjoy it. Hope everything works out
Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ-S2000
Are you saying you have it up in the air spinning one wheel and only one wheel is spinning? If that's the case, it would only spin one wheel. LS, means limited slip, its not a welded diff.. so one tire will spin while the other doesn't because it requires more force.
This.

Originally Posted by _brandon
Sounds like you got ripped off. Good way to verify is watch alice in wonderland and see if you enjoy it. Hope everything works out
LOLLLLLL. I died.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:56 AM
Syn

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by _brandon
Try Wizard of Oz synced up to Dark Side of the Moon also.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Those who don't understand how a car works should probably avoid trying to figure out if something is wrong with it. On the other hand, repair shops just love people like this. Gotta bring the economy back.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know how cars work. I joined the forum to be able to ask stupid questions and get a not stupid reply. If I ask the same stupid question over and over then maybe a little flame would be in order.

Originally Posted by xviper
Those who don't understand how a car works should probably avoid trying to figure out if something is wrong with it. On the other hand, repair shops just love people like this. Gotta bring the economy back.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Syn
Try Wizard of Oz synced up to Dark Side of the Moon also.
Destino with Opeth's 'I Feel the Dark'

The WoO/DSotM thing does have some interesting moments of synchronicity, but this is nearly constant in its aptness. I could write a script which details how well these two pieces of art (the visual already being an interesting combination) combine - in a word: amazing! Don't take my word for it; click... (It also has the benefit of being short. )
Old 04-12-2013, 04:43 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

What I find funny is that you already posted this exact same question a week ago in this section, and it got moved to Under The Hood, so you posted it again here.
Want to guess what's gonna happen?

Quick Reply: LSD not working