S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

LSD?

Old 05-25-2006, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is not the tire pressure...... the car us pulling to the left....... and when i check them they had equal pressure........

i even lowered the pressure a couple pounds on the right wheel to see if it would offset it, just for kicks. still pulls left.

at this point i am starting to this it is the thrust angle, but how could that go out of wack?
Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have a bad tire. I just went through this with someone here that had just got a new set of tires. Swapped rear tires from side to side and the the pull went from right to left. They swapped in 2 new rear tires to replace the other new rear tires and problem solved. You dealer doesn't know s**t about tires.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by david1,May 26 2006, 12:35 AM
You have a bad tire. I just went through this with someone here that had just got a new set of tires. Swapped rear tires from side to side and the the pull went from right to left. They swapped in 2 new rear tires to replace the other new rear tires and problem solved. You dealer doesn't know s**t about tires.
thank you for the imput, i will try swaping the wheels.

these tires are brand new , if this is the problem....... is this some sort of tire defect??
Old 05-26-2006, 06:58 PM

It isn't that unusual. It is a tire defect. Should get your money back for it once you prove it is the tire causing you problems unless the manufacturer is a real a$$.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownAP,May 26 2006, 03:42 PM
thank you for the imput, i will try swaping the wheels.

these tires are brand new , if this is the problem....... is this some sort of tire defect??
If the "brand new" tires you bought have directional arrows, you won't be able to just swap wheels. You'll have to swap tires on the wheels. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:50 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by INDYMAC,May 27 2006, 03:29 AM
If the "brand new" tires you bought have directional arrows, you won't be able to just swap wheels. You'll have to swap tires on the wheels. Good luck.
He can swap them temporarily just to see if anything changes. "Unidirectional" tires are mainly to orientate the rain channels so you don't hydroplane if you put them on backwards. If the road is dry, the rain channels don't come into play. If you lived in a place where you would never roll over any moisture, you could run undirectional tires backwards all the time. Now, this not to be confused with a "unidirectional" AND "assymetrical" tire.

If you note the way the grooves work, they channel water from the middle of the tread to the outside. If you mount them backwards, the rain would get channelled to the center, where it would have no other place to go but to lift the tire off the pavement to escape.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:29 PM

I have the same problem in my SI in the past and it was the tires (kuhmos). When I swapped the tires for Left to Right the car pulled opposite directions. Since you've done several alignments w/o any issues, I'm going dismiss the fact that something maybe bent (my Z had a bent rod and felt unstable).

Check the tires as recommended and see if that helps. also, was this problem there before the tire swap?
Old 05-28-2006, 10:53 PM

thanks for all the imput guys, tomarrow morning im going to swap the wheels, ether Side to side or another set off 9kfever's s2000.

i sure hope this is the problem as i do not wish to wait weeks for the honda rep to come look at my car, i have springs i have been wanting to put on my car for about a month now, but do not want to install them because i dont want honda to try and stiff me saying the springs are causing it.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:08 PM

thanks for everyone helping me out, i swaped the wheels today with one of my friends s2000, a memeber here 9kfever. and we were able to pinpoint that it is indeed the faulty tires. firstd we swapped my wheels.....from side to side, and the pull went from left to right. than we swapped his wheels onto my car. and the car drove Perfect.

so it leads me to believe the left rear tire is somehow "bad".

thanks to all that helped me out. C4SxM5 you are the man!!!
Old 05-30-2006, 04:59 PM

NP!!! Glad everything worked out ok

Quick Reply: LSD?