S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Lowered Unevenly

Old 04-18-2008, 03:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered Unevenly

I just got my Eibach Pro springs and installed them Sunday on my MY03 Spa, but for some reason the car sits unevenly now. This is only my second spring install so it is quite possibly my fault. The Passnager side rear sits about 1/2" lower then the rest of the corners. I running RPF1's 17x9 in the back with 245's so that 1/2 inch is crucial though it does look nicer it wont work till i roll my fenders(it is now rubbing on hard left turns.)
I started with the back actually i did the passanger side 1st . loosened the lower bolt and then the top 2 nuts then pulled it out, used the spring compressor to take the OEM spring off however that was the last time i used it. when i put the new spring on the OEM strut the mount slid on with enough threads exposed for the top nut to screw on, i hand threaded it on and hit it with the impact gun and in went the unit. jacked the hub up and then tightened everything down. Repeated for LR and then did the front. Where did i go wrong. Is that the only side that settled and the others have yet to come down. or did i screw somehting up? could my Strut be blown?
Rear right is about 1 finger clearance rear right i about 2 slanted up in the wheel well. front are about 2 stright in.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats why u get coilovers so u have complete control
Old 04-18-2008, 03:56 PM

Im planning to get them next summer but thought i'd try a modest 1" spring till I have the spare cash fora good set.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all you can do is reverse the rear springs and see if that makes a difference... I wouldnt stress. drive it for a few days and measure it on a few different surfaces... it should even out....
Old 04-18-2008, 04:18 PM

I'll see that happend, thanks for the reply
Old 04-20-2008, 02:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by juntuned,Apr 18 2008, 03:52 PM
thats why u get coilovers so u have complete control
coilover is not for everyone, some people don't need or even want coilover.

plus that doesn't really help anything, right?

when i had my eibach prokit it sit perfectly side to side, check the following

spring seat: check to see the lower coil is sitting aganist the damper seat, there should be a rubber gasket there also.

preload: did you preload the bolt before tightening it? it's the bolt that go thru the LCA

Eibach's spring has number/letter on the coil for id purposes, go check out if you have mismatch anything. if i am not mistaken, the front coil are longer than the rear. there's no point to swap spring around pointlessly if you can tell which is which by looking at the number. just call up eibach's CS, they are very good at what they are doing.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:52 PM

I had the Eibach kit a few years ago. Check the part #'s.. the ones ending with the #1 are for the front and #2 for the rear. Also you definitly need to preload your suspension components as over tensioning bushings can cause these kind of issues.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by milkbubble,Apr 20 2008, 03:52 PM
I had the Eibach kit a few years ago. Check the part #'s.. the ones ending with the #1 are for the front and #2 for the rear. Also you definitly need to preload your suspension components as over tensioning bushings can cause these kind of issues.
mike, i just want to say that your sig cracks me up each and everytime.

my gf is looking at me funny now
Old 04-21-2008, 03:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by milkbubble,Apr 20 2008, 05:52 PM
Also you definitly need to preload your suspension components as over tensioning bushings can cause these kind of issues.

I had the same problem, when I went back and pre-loaded the problem was solved.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:00 PM

I PreLoaded only after i tightened the LAC bolt and then tightened the top bolts. Ill try again and pre load before i tighten the LCA bolt. I can just take the wheel off loosen the bolt load and then tighten right no need to remove the whole strut.

Also i took both of the rears off today to see if there were any differences only thing i could tell was that the passenger side strut looked older then the driver side. and there are 2 part numbers on the springs a shorter one and a longer one that has letters too. which one do i go by? i think the shorter one has like 5 or 6 digits and the longer is something like V.....001

Ryan

Quick Reply: Lowered Unevenly