S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Loud "click" When I Brake Hard..

Old 07-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loud "click" When I Brake Hard..

I hear loud "click" from rear passenger side suspension when I brake real hard.
what can this be?
I suspect loose control arm...any opinion?

Also I hear some metal rubbing sound(more like squealing)
when I turn my steering to left..cant find it's coming from front or rear.
it's also in passinger side.
Let me know what u guys think. Any opinions are welcome
TIA!
Old 07-20-2004, 08:44 AM

I had a loud click from my rear wheels also, but not at a high speed. It could be at any speed, but only after the car had changed direction like going from reverse and in to forward or vice versa and I would apply the brakes.

What was happening was the brake pads would shift within the calipers whenever rotor rotation was changed and you apply the brakes.

Took it to the dealer and he said it was normal on honda cars.

Don't know if I believe that one because the sound has mysteriously disappeared.

Check your calipers/pads and make sure they pads are not loose.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Rash,Jul 20 2004, 11:44 AM
I had a loud click from my rear wheels also, but not at a high speed. It could be at any speed, but only after the car had changed direction like going from reverse and in to forward or vice versa and I would apply the brakes.

What was happening was the brake pads would shift within the calipers whenever rotor rotation was changed and you apply the brakes.

Don't know if I believe that one because the sound has mysteriously disappeared.

I'm having the same trouble that you described but I haven't taken mine to the dealer yet. Has anyone else had this trouble too? Has anyone found a remedy yet?

Warren
Old 10-27-2004, 02:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Could it be that the spare tire is loose? When mine was loose it would make a "klunk" sound when I braked.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Problem: You would hear one click when you started rolling forward or reverse or going over a speed bump.

Answer: It's the axle spindle nut (two?) dealer had to regrease, install new axle spindle nuts and retorque.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:24 PM

The clicking he's hearing has nothing to do with the brakes. Sounds to me like an outer CV joint, right side.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:45 AM

Had been hearing that loud "clicking" noise for past two-three months. Done extensive checkups but to no avail; didn't know where that noise was coming from or what was causing that noise. Finally, about 1 week ago, detected rubber burning smell from my left rear wheel and that was after feeling unusual vibrations while cruising; vibrations came from the steering wheel, the floor, the seats and everywhere. That was when I realised I was driving with my left brake "on". Got to my workshop and did some checkup. Mechanic concluded the left brake calipers had to be replaced, there is no way you can service or repair the calipers.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:17 AM

I am experiencing a similar problem. Just had the dealer get done looking at it. The rear calipers are bad. They ordered me new calipers and brake pads. They said the clicking noise was "caliper shift." Apparently they are shifting position and knocking a bit when they hit their final resting place. Dealer is replacing mine under extended warranty.

thanks

John