S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Loud clanking noise from engine - Please HELP!

Old 04-30-2004, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RT
Old 04-30-2004, 08:35 AM

OK! That enough already! Dang! You guys need to learn how to have a conversation. Lets agree its ok to disagree...shall we?....

BTW Learn how the smiles work, it can help stop this kind of crap because you can post something yet mean it in a different way.
Old 04-30-2004, 09:19 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

... so there's no 2 hole nozzle I take it
Old 04-30-2004, 10:16 AM

I am no longer monotoring this thread, but wanted to make sure that nobody was left confused by the last few posts.

The OIL JET can be seen on page 8-3 of the Honda factory shop manual. This thread and the links in it discuss the upgrade.

The only reason this issue came up in this thread is because someone suggested that since Sky bought the car used, and since there had been some issues with botched oil jet upgrades, that a botched oil-jet upgrade might have caused Sky's failure. Since RR made the first post in this thread that said anything about oil jets and motor flush, I assumed that he had thought that Sky's question about the oil jets had something to do with flushing the motor, so I simply explained to RR that flushing the motor was not the issue in this case. Apparently this offended at least one person, compelling them to make lame attempts to make me look stupid. Since I am quite capable of doing that all by myself, it was just a waste of their time, and RR doesn't seem to have had any problem understanding what I said to him. You can decide for yourself, after looking at the shop manual and the threads related to the topic, whether or not I know what I'm talking about. If it turns out that I do, then you can identify one S2ki member who posts only to stir up trouble, rather than to help others. You can block such people by clicking on the "Ignore" button at the top of their posts. This works for my posts too, so if you find them objectionable, stupid, or confusing, please feel free to block them. I don't come here to irritate people, only to help, so if I irritate anyone, just ignore me.

RR, hopefully my post wasn't as confusing to you as RT *pretended* it was to him. Is this hole one of your buddies? (Don't mean to implay anything by that, just curious. To answer, you'll have to PM me, because I'm not wasting any more time on a dead thread. Thanks.)

RED
Old 04-30-2004, 11:54 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

The funny thing here is I seriously thought that maybe there was a two hole nozzle available that I didn't know about and was simply asking what the deal was ........ now all of a sudden "I don't help people on this board" ignore away Crimson Miata Mickey Mouse MoFo (and whoever else wants to) I don't give a rats a$$ ..........
Old 04-30-2004, 07:39 PM

Okay, I have to close this thread for now, even though I really feel compelled to leave it open because I may learn new things from newly added info. I just wish the name callings hadn't started so new info could be added by others and maybe I could learn a few new things or so.

One last thing I'd like to reiterate: although my problematic engine has been mostly replaced, I'd still like to know what the cause(s) was, to learn from it and prevent it from happening again. But that's not the case. When I have some free time, I'll go over this whole thread to try to learn some of the things you've said.

Thanks for contributing!