S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Loss of power! Please help!

Old 11-08-2004, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last post I made had some longshot suggestions in there, does anyone think this could be a catalytic converter/02 sensor issue?
Old 11-08-2004, 10:45 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, just so we're square...I'm at a loss at this point myself. I cannot imagine what you have left that you could swap out that could account for this apparent power loss you're experiencing .
Old 11-08-2004, 10:54 AM

Well, i didnt think it was something about the engine but now i can think anything, i sont know what else to do!?!?!? i dont get a CEL, when i connect the car to the computer in the garage everything looks normal. Everything checked on the computer, the fuel program re-installed on the ECU, no difference. Driving me crazy?! what should i do now? i'm asking you people bcoz i need your help, i went to many mechanics but in my country there's no one specialized on s2ks really, none of them found the problem. My only hope is you people! HELP!
Old 11-08-2004, 10:59 AM

I actually do hear some mettalic sounds when i rev up, what should i do about it? i thought that was something not important?!? is it?
Old 11-08-2004, 11:07 AM

PLUS: the isnt flooded, well as far as i know. My dealer brought the car form Japan in 34,000 kms. He doesnt know if it was flooded or not, i dont think so. Is there any ways of knowing that? except checking from the internet with the VIN bcoz no any internet sites accept my VIN.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NorthCyprus,Nov 8 2004, 12:07 PM
PLUS: the isnt flooded, well as far as i know. My dealer brought the car form Japan in 34,000 kms. He doesnt know if it was flooded or not, i dont think so. Is there any ways of knowing that? except checking from the internet with the VIN bcoz no any internet sites accept my VIN.
well if it was flooded and reported there may be a way of finding out. If it was flooded w/o being reported and then just sold thats a different story. Im curious as to what the metallic sounds you are hearing when you rev up are. Are there any s2ks in your area you can compare the sounds with? If it is related to the bottom end of the motor you will hear it down from the area of where the exhaust manifold (header) is, and it will get faster/louder when you rev. Put a screwdriver on the cam-chain auto tensioner (its right under the vtec solenoid) and see if you can hear this noise louder and clearer while listening through the screwdriver. If not, try putting it other places like the valve cover or the block if possible.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:29 PM

Did you end up replacing the O2 sensor? This sounds like the issue I had in my Infiniti, 1 $50 sensor later, it ran like a champ.
Old 11-08-2004, 02:27 PM

I had an odd issue with inexplicable power loss some months ago, where the car would randomly feel sluggish. It was intermittent, and usually seemed to happen when the car was warm. Filling up with fuel sometimes seemed to trigger it, other times it'd just happen randomly.

When I took the car into Honda they found that there was a faulty valve in the emissions control related to the carbon canister back near the fuel tank. Apparently they could hear an odd noise from it when the car was up on the lift.

They replaced the carbon canister; I don't know if they replaced any other components back there too, it was all done under warranty. It could just be coincidence but since then I haven't had any problems and the car's run perfectly.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:11 PM

ITS HEAT SOAK!!!!!!

Try wrapping the intake tube and making a radiator mat. If that works get a CAI
Old 11-08-2004, 04:42 PM

I'm actually pretty sure it's not Heat soak bcoz it MOSTLY does it when the temp is hot, but still does it when its cold. The valve Lycean talked about is interesting, might be reason for the thing. I'll print the thread and show it to my mechanic next time i go to him. I'll whack my new MAP sensor tomorrow, reset the ECU and test for a while. I'll see what happens. I need more replys in order to eliminate the possibilities and find the solution, i'm waiting for ur help people!

Quick Reply: Loss of power! Please help!