S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Loss of power! Please help!

Old 12-02-2004, 06:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ultimate Lurker has a thread here all about our MAP sensor. Even buying new ones does not mean you'll get a good one. It seems our cars are very suseptible to MAP sensor readings. A bad MAP has been the cause of many problems and finding out that it is the MAP is a very frustrating endeavour as it imitates so many other ailments.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

obviously, there is NOT ONE business man or salesman that doens't lie. thats the Business life and how it works.
Old 12-04-2004, 05:44 PM

yea there are, but majority lie my mistake for sayin not one but majority do lie the VERY FEW don't.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:43 AM

I took my car to Honda the other day, and told the service department what was happening, they brought up a new issued diagnostic on their network. It was released on December 3, 2004, and it had to due with hard acceleration hesitation. I was shown this and read it and it pointed to the resolution being the MAP sensor (to replace it). The only thing that I was confused about was that it specified hard acclleration. To me, this happens under about any accelleration. How about you NC?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:29 AM

well my feels like durin hard acceleration in 1st or 2nd but it also is durin ANY sort of acceleration its just that you notice it hte most durin hard acceleration. i was drivin the other day and i realized that if i am gunnin the car and the rpm does go up fine its just the MPH that doesn't, then wouldn't that mean the clutch is slipping? i mean the car does seem like it lost power but then wouldn't the rpm climb up slowly as well as the mph? or it wouldn't affect the rpm?
Old 12-11-2004, 07:50 AM

Well it's been a couple weeks i couldn post anything, sorry for that bcoz i have a major problem with my home internet connection, now posting from an internet cafe. I've been testing the car for a couple weeks now and i see the problem still appears. U know all the things i did to solve this problem, last thing i did was an oil change, coolant change, switching back to stock exhaust, and today the battery. Like u know there's no mods in the car yet, next week i'm getting i CAI to see if it helps. And yes, my problem happens suddenly when i try to accelerate, i'm having thoughts about the clutch but i dont know, i'm sick of all these, i decided today, if i cant solve this in this month, i'm selling my car Nothing else i can do here
Old 12-11-2004, 11:57 AM

yea everyone seems to be ing IGNORING my posts. The clutch makes sense. Especially when i have the same problem as you kid. If the RPM is doing fine but the mph and the feel of the car isn't, then wouldn't that lead to the damn in clutch? sorry im a bit fustrated cuz ppl aren't listening to me! lol
Old 12-12-2004, 05:19 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

change ur clutch...see what happens.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:19 PM

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

my car feels sluggish lately...gonna change my air filter...see what happens.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:38 PM

oh yea, tom. i have an appointment with a honda technician to go driving wiht me, i'll let you guys know what happens buti doubt he will find any problems. BUt one of the ppl that i was talkin to said that during the summer i guess gas stations use a diff. type of gas and during the winter or something they use another one and he said that some cars such as the s2k which is a very fast car doesn't react too well to this type of gas or doesn't adapt to it as oppose to other cars. is this true?

Quick Reply: Loss of power! Please help!