S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Loss of power! Please help!

Old 11-14-2004, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Knockig etc might be bcoz of this? possible? please people i need some help!
Old 11-14-2004, 11:58 AM

i wonder if your the same one from HONDA tech if so, i am not surprised as to why you posted that. anyways....yea i know what you mean north, like yest. for instance, i stepped on the gas in 2nd gear going about 28 29 mph and the er didn't put up ONE! not ONE mph on the speedo for about a couple seconds. then i was in 6th in the freeway going 84 and i stepped on teh gas it did the same thing. and when i let my best friend drive the car to see how he felt about it the exhuast did seem louder than usual but i was in the passenger seat so i dono if that might have been the reason and like i said in my other thread, the one day tha ti was gunning the shit out of the car out of fustration to see if it is lagging and slow in every gear on the freeway as i came off the offramp adn stopped at the light there was the oil burning smell going on.
Old 11-14-2004, 01:51 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

For the sake of "NorthCyprus", I have gone back and deleted posts and edited posts that have detracted from the topic at hand. As long as this thread stays on course and everyone posts intelligently, I'm staying out of this now.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:07 PM

I dont know what to say, i need replies from people who can do something, guess something even say something about my problem.
I'm selling my car if i cant fix this until next week people, please please help me!
Old 11-14-2004, 09:25 PM

i have the exatc same problem that he has with no answers so far, the only thing i can think of, could it MAYBE be the clutch? maybe its slipping? and i am due for an oil change in about 300 miles? taht may have something to do with it? i have also heard taht after 8k's miles the s2k engine really breaks in well and opens up and seems better if this is true my problem actually occured at about 8300 miles and now i am at 85**k's miles. just a lil more details taht may help others with knowledge. hey north, how many miles do you have on your car?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:28 PM

If you look at his description on when the problem occurs, then somethings jumps out. At a full tank of gas the problem does NOT occur. It only happens once the gas level drops below a certain amount. I would start troubleshooting from there starting with the gas cap. Thing is, no CEL come about the gas cap being loose or not sealing.
I have a difficult time trying to understand Cyprus but try to read through his discriptions. (Sorry Cyprus), we just have a barrier that prevents us from understanding your exact nomenclature. Now, he says the engine begins to knock as it approaches normal operating temperature. That tells me that the ECU is receiving information that tells it to advance the ignition timing full tilt which would hurt performance and cause knocking. Now, what information what cause the ECU to do this? Take this one step at a time. He also says that the mixture goes extremely rich as well. I would think that these two incidents are related. At any rate, this is a brain twister and I would like to know how this plays out.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:50 AM

First of all, Hecash man thank you very very much for all the info. I know my English is not good like you guys bcoz its my second language, sorry, im trying my best. I wrote all those things down and called my mechanic. I'll go to his place on wednesdsay to get some parts changed if possible. He said the EGR valve is a big possibility, what do you guys think?
I told him and asked him if we can change the following parts:
(all form Hecash's list)
-Vacuum colntrol valve - will be changed.
-o2 Sensor (primary and secondary) - will be changed.
-vacuum lines - might be changed.
-Idle air control valve - will be changed.
-Evaporative cannister - will be changed.
-EGR Valve - will be changed.
-PCV Valve - will be changed.
-Cat - will be changed.

My car is at 26,000 Miles. (42,000 KMS).
The car does this after the engine's warm (3 bars), but not exactly when the engine is warm, does it after the engine is warm. It takes less than 10 mins for the s2k's engine to be warm enough, my problem occurs after like 20 mins of driving.

I'm wondering what exactly is;
-EGR Valve ?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:36 AM

I dont get a cel man, but there's a post in this thread, someone with the same problem and replacing the cannister solved the problem. That's what he wrote.
I did get every reading in diagnostics in Honda, there was nothing wrong. I even drove the car, with the mechanic next to me with his laptop connected to the car, the problem didnt fully show up that time. There was a bit of power loss only, the problem wasnt totally there, like i said before the problem shows up and gets worse and worse in like half an hour or 1 till you turn off the car, wait for it to cool , than start and go which takes more than an hour like you know.
What do you think of that? I mentioned before that longer i drive the problem gets worse, what do you think of that?
I have another question about;
Alternator/Regulator !? they are the same device right?
What exactly does this device do? Might it be related to my problem?
Is it easy to change this device?
Old 11-15-2004, 10:37 AM

ima get my oil changed today and let you guys know if that helped me any bit and as someone else said they just made sure all the fuses were in and that ended up fixing his problem i will also try that today.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:54 AM

Oil , i think doesnt have anything to do with this. Like i said before i fill up my oil every week bcoz it gets burned, but no change even there's more or less oil. I dont think thats related to the problem.

Quick Reply: Loss of power! Please help!