S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Loose stick shift?

Old 02-07-2005, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Squeezer' date='Feb 5 2005, 06:07 AM
well of course you have to go to the parts dept at the dealer and order part #8. after that you take off the shift knob. there is a lock nut under it you turn one way and turn the knob the other way and the knob comes off. then take off the center console. on the 00-03 you just tug on it real hard and the clips unhook and it comes out (dunno about on 04's tho). then at the base of the shifter is 3 10MM bolts under a rubber boot, undo them and the shifter comes right out. put the part #8 on the bottom (it snaps on) then put some grease all over the bottom of the stick and part #8, and then pu tit back on. it has a grey thing that pivots, and it only goes in one way so you can't put the stick on backwards. and then put back on the 3 10mm bolts, slde back down the boot, put the console back on, and then put the shift knob back on.
thanks for the instructions.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody know this part or link to it?
Old 04-22-2014, 04:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

http://bit.ly/1rh69oa

First result has a diagram with product numbers. Try not to bump threads that are 9 years old..
Old 04-24-2014, 02:37 AM

actually our cars didn't change, so this bump would still be helping. thanks
Old 04-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

The reason you don't want to bump old threads is there can be out of date information and advice that no longer applies. Searching and then starting a new thread if you can't find the answer is a much better option.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:29 AM

you make a new thread and they'll tell you to use search button , lol. bump and old thread and you get the same smart asses. IT'S OK TO BUMP OLD THREADS PEOPLE!! if its outdated info then you go ahead and put the new! more info or answer is better or these forum would freeze.... i see this all the time on forums, it's really retarded. even if its an old thread, just updated it! ill end rant here.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliCal
you make a new thread and they'll tell you to use search button , lol. bump and old thread and you get the same smart asses. IT'S OK TO BUMP OLD THREADS PEOPLE!! if its outdated info then you go ahead and put the new! more info or answer is better or these forum would freeze.... i see this all the time on forums, it's really retarded. even if its an old thread, just updated it! ill end rant here.
Uhuh....a better way to do it is to say you are looking for an part listed in an old thread, but the link does't work. Then put a link to the old thread. The other guys comment about bumping old threads and people seeing old info that isn't accurate anymore is correct. It's also true that the guy who doesn't realize he's reading an old thread should pay more attention is true, but....
Old 04-27-2014, 11:25 PM

if i started a new thread then it would just be the same if i bumped this one...it's still asking for the same part number isn't it? how is it not accurate?
Old 04-28-2014, 01:56 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliCal
if i started a new thread then it would just be the same if i bumped this one...it's still asking for the same part number isn't it? how is it not accurate?
People don't read through a whole thread sometimes. They may read only the first few posts, and not notice it's 9 years old, and get a bunch of misinformation that's been corrected later in the thread, or in other more recent threads.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by davidc1
Originally Posted by CaliCal' timestamp='1398669904' post='23132941
People don't read through a whole thread sometimes. They may read only the first few posts, and not notice it's 9 years old, and get a bunch of misinformation that's been corrected later in the thread, or in other more recent threads.
If people only read the first few posts without noticing that the post is XX years old and the information is no longer relevant, that is their own fault.

Quick Reply: Loose stick shift?