S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Looking for new Jack Stands

Old 08-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Received 1,717 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
I gotta find some ramps to drive up on to. I now have a 1 car garage...which is non conducive to the 25 step process to jacking up (with only one jack...which sucks) and jack standing a S2000.

Ramps would make it easier to get to the front center jack point with only 1 jack.

Or for oil changes, I could drive up on there, pull the plug, jack up the rear to drain all the oil out.
HRMMMM
One car garage is small to store bulky ramps that have a history of failure. (Google) Plastic will degrade/fail and metal deforms. For a quick oil change try a Fumoto valve. 3 years ago after lots of research, I put one on the S and then a couple other cars (all Honda).
I can change the oil on the S right through the open hood. Very easy and quick. A bonus is the ability to drain just as much as you want if you overfill. Many like the security of the bolt, I have no issues with it at all and I am one that hates failures in the middle of an ocean crossing. Some say if an object hits it, it might fail. If it fails from impact I have much bigger problems.
Millions and millions of those things are in use. Love mine and perfect for the one car garage. No need to change the angle of the car for draining either.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:18 AM

Received 1,377 Likes on 1,029 Posts

I have a 1.5 car garage (1 car stall...with storage space in its own seperate room). I'm renting anyway. When I buy...I'll be buying a garage with a house, rather than a house with a garage. No rush to buy anything, though.

I have considered the fumoto valve. I prefer the bolt. I have had some off road excursions in that car (WAY off track, jerky). And I'd hate to end a track day with a broken valve. I guess I could always throw a bolt/washer in my tool box, though, for backup.

And draining the oil when the car is level will yield significantly more oil drainage compared to having 2 front wheels lifted up by themselves.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:28 AM

Received 1,717 Likes on 1,024 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
I have considered the fumoto valve. I prefer the bolt. I have had some off road excursions in that car (WAY off track, jerky). And I'd hate to end a track day with a broken valve. I guess I could always throw a bolt/washer in my tool box, though, for backup.
Everyone has a preference. If you ended a track day with a broken valve, I can see how you might hate that; if the valve is broken it means the rest of the car is too. Once you see how its in there, if something can make it in there and bend it, something worse is going to bend too!